[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki maybe controversial but it needs to be said
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
maybe controversial but it needs to be said
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 3:51 pm   Permalink

We've been skating around teh issues for to long here, if you're not a part of the solution you're part of the problem. It's time for us to deal with a great injustice. Can someone please explain to me why it is illegal to get a moose drunk in Alaska? Were Mooses getting so disorderly that it was needed to pass legislation? And if more than one mouse are mice, why aren't more than one moose meese? I notice from all the Camel Cigarette ads that no one has an issue with Joe Camel drinking and smoking and having a great ol' time, yet the minute a moose tries to cut loose Johnny Law has to get involved.

Sorry folks, I know this isn't the place for voicing the inadequacies of beuracracy, but I jost could't hold it back any more.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 4:50 pm   Permalink

My sister was once bitten by a moose.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 4:57 pm   Permalink

I had an uncle named "Moose". He got drunk quite a bit...not in Alaska, but in Bakersfield. Maybe your moose in Alaska can relocate to Bakersfield?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-14 16:50, purple jade wrote:
My sister was once bitten by a moose.

Oh I see so someone you know had one bad experience with a moose soo now all mooses must be bad. I feel sad for you, I also feel a little mad, I also feel a little hungry. It's way past lunch. I know a place that serves killer Ostrich burgers. What's with Ostriches anyways, never trust an ostrich, thats what my dad always told me.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-06-14 16:57, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Maybe your moose in Alaska can relocate to Bakersfield?

Jeez he already can't drink, hasn't the poor animal been punished enough?

kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 6:21 pm   Permalink

Maybe hunters were leaving large cocktails out in the woods so the moose(s) would get drunk and be easier to hunt. That wouldn't be very sporting, so perhaps thats why it was declared illegal.

But if a moose wants to have a few li'l drinkies on his day off, it shouldn't be anybody else's damn business.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 6:51 pm   Permalink

Sam, your post confuses and frightens me.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 8:48 pm   Permalink

That's not hard to do.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 9:03 pm   Permalink

I hate meeses to pieces

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-14 11:13 pm   Permalink

I think it's one MOOSE as well as ten MOOSE (works both singular and plural).

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-15 08:22 am   Permalink

My grandfather was the full time bartender for his Moose Lodge (#494 in Ellensburg, Washington). I'd guess he helped plenty of Moose get drunk. I only heard about the Moose doing good things. Maybe in Alaska the Elks and Eagles have some political influence.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-15 12:53 pm   Permalink

And my brother was nibbled to death by an okapi.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-06-15 7:58 pm   Permalink

Have you ever had Moose head? Don't.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-15 9:42 pm   Permalink

I believe Canada has a similiar law about Gooses (er, ah... Geese) You are not allowed to get geese(s) drunk. So since Alaska is part of Canada, as far as I know. My theory is, it probably started like that kid game "Whisper Down The Lane" You know it started as Gooses in Canada... and eventually when the message got to Alaska it was Mooses. So in reality, or at least in Canada, you can't get a Goose (or a Moose) drunk.

Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 06:59 am   Permalink

Moose go crazy for road salt - that's why you see them by the side of the road in spring - so I guess Moose would really like Margaritas with the rim salted... Or the tequila shot where you lick the salt first...

Geese? They'll drink anything. They're worse than Robert Downey Jr.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation