[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Music ╗ ╗ Scandinavian exotica
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Scandinavian exotica
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-12 03:53 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Just wanted to let you all know about the latest new exotica band from Sweden. ╠XTAHUELE plays original material, recreating the sounds of 50s/60s classic exotica.

We would appreciate if you visit our page on facebook and let us know what you think of our music. Click the "like"-button to show your support and to receive further updates about this new and exiting band!

http://www.facebook.com/Ixtahuele

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-12 08:27 am   Permalink

Very nice. Lovingly re-creating the exotic sounds of the Tiki generation with Vibes, percussion, bongos an bird calls balanced in a pleasing manner.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bcxists
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Beautiful stuff. Many successes, guys.

View Profile of bcxists Send a personal message to bcxists      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quiet Village Idiot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 02:14 am   Permalink

This is really great!

Please keep us updated about any live appearences, recordings etc.!

View Profile of Quiet Village Idiot Send a personal message to Quiet Village Idiot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 08:10 am   Permalink

WOW!!! This is classic Exotica!!

Please let me know when you guys have a release or download available.

ESSENTIAL!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 08:14 am   Permalink

Yes I do like this.

Nice work!

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 09:57 am   Permalink

awesome. I love this !
I only knew Bo Axelson from Sweden making exotica ! This is great news.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-13 11:14 am   Permalink

I like this too,
very relaxing Mellow Exotica,

here is a direct link to the music player page.
http://www.facebook.com/Ixtahuele/app_178091127385

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 10:17 am   Permalink

Many thanks for all your kind comments here and on facebook. We really appreciate your support!!

Don't forget to "like" our page at Facebook if you want to keep updated about what's going on with this band.

MAHALO!

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-14 10:42 am   Permalink

When/how can we get recordings?

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-14 1:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-14 10:42, tabuzak wrote:
When/how can we get recordings?

The only recordings that is available for now is those that can be reached at the link Bigtikidude posted:
http://www.facebook.com/Ixtahuele/app_178091127385
Also the tracks can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/IXTAHUELE

This is all for now. Thanks again for your interest!!

Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-22 6:51 pm   Permalink

Okay, so I'd like a more pronounced bass line and maybe this isn't the smoothest mixology ever, but I'm danged proud of these fellows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3V9EWnND3g&context=C4703d63ADvjVQa1PpcFNS5TzTyGCz2-dWyTItdWQGQpoxvCfC6vg=

These guys are talking the talk, walking the walk and mixing the drinks. They are, in short, chasing the dream. More power to them.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-19 10:06 am   Permalink

Just wanna share this new video of ╠XTAHUELE for those of you that might be interested us. This is our interpretation of Les Baxter's Quiet Village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHdGJlay8M

Aloha!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-19 10:51 am   Permalink

Veru nicely done! One of the better versions I have heard!

My only issue is that the piano, in the A section, is kind of not doing the right chromatic downward runs (I really like them as martin denny did them) and I think your birdcalls should have reverb on them, or use tape bird call effects. other then that, this is really great stuff!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-01 12:26 am   Permalink

these guys are the real mccoy. and i don't mean to shilling, but you should check out this track they did titled 'search for the souq'. it was used for a "lost" film i starred in titled 'socksoff gets his rocks off in macau' it's dated 1967 but who knows when those bootlegs came out.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation