FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tonga Hut RUM RHUM CLUB: Sunday, November 16th, 2014 (2pm) pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tonga Hut RUM RHUM CLUB: Sunday, November 16th, 2014 (2pm) pg.11
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-21 4:48 pm   Permalink

Yesterday's RRC was 'Rum And Starlets' presented by Forrest Cokely.
Here's some photos of the cocktails we enjoyed.

Mary Pickford

Dorothy Gish

Joan Bennett

Jean Harlow

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 09:26 am   Permalink

We are pleased to announce another meeting of our Rum Rhum Club!

DATE: February 24th

TIME: 2pm
note: earlier than normal

FEATURING:DEADHEAD® Rum
http://deadheadrum.com

We will be tasting the rum and mixing it in two cocktails.
One created by Victoria D'Amato-Moran, the DEADHEAD® ISLAND VOODOO
Another by the Tonga Hut's own Marie King, the Tongan Cholo (made with her new Tamarind-chili syrup).

See y'all then!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:01 pm   Permalink

I hear there is supposed to be extra awesome bonusness for all RRC attendees today.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 11:58 am   Permalink

My vote: Not only does this rum taste good:

...but it will make a nice addition to your head rack:

..or look good as a trophy hanging on your porch:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 11:26 am   Permalink

Great looking bottle! Bummer I missed this one...

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rama Lama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-26 9:21 pm   Permalink

The Deadhead Rum Rhum Club (2/24/13) gathering was a nice change of pace. Not that there is anything wrong with drinking 12 shots in a row of different types of pure rum, per se, but having a nice shot to sip and then sampling a couple of cocktails made from the same great rum was fun too! Forrest put on another stellar presentation in which he explained the history of the rum and sang its praises as he savored it with us. Here are some photos I snapped between sips of pure Deadhead rum, some wild banana concoction and Marie King's taste tempting cocktail made from Deadhead rum, tamarind, pepper and orange flavors.

View Profile of Rama Lama Send a personal message to Rama Lama  Email Rama Lama Goto the website of Rama Lama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 11:10 pm   Permalink

Now that is Tiki! or a future AA roster
so what is the consensus on the Deadhead Rum?
Edwin you rock!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-02-26 11:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 23:10, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Now that is Tiki! or a future AA roster
so what is the consensus on the Deadhead Rum?
Edwin you rock!

That's only about half of 'em, there's a lot of slack bastards out there.
Good stuff, for reals.
Yes sir, he does.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 12:17 am   Permalink

Tom, you rock Too!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rama Lama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-27 3:06 pm   Permalink

The consensus re Deadhead rum is that it is a great sipping spirit that makes for a rather tasty cocktail. There was general agreement that, unlike with some spirits, the rum inside was just as exciting as the the bottle it comes in. I think it tastes a bit like some spiced rums, but without all the sugar if that makes any sense.

View Profile of Rama Lama Send a personal message to Rama Lama  Email Rama Lama Goto the website of Rama Lama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 6:32 pm   Permalink

Were all 3 of the Deadhead Rums tried?
If so how was the dark?
Thanks

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rama Lama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-28 08:46 am   Permalink

Hi Jeff,
All we tried was the gold. I'm not sure, but that might be all that there is. I did a google search and didn't find a Deadhead dark. The amber is a great sipper!
Edwin

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 10:34 am   Permalink

The rum was so good! Plus Marie's drinks were AWESOME! Plus it was great to see so many of my favorite SoCal folks

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 8:45 pm   Permalink

Rama Lama,

see this thread in Tiki Drinks:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44823&forum=10&22

-------------------------------------
and especially this post.

On 2013-02-17 18:18, Tikiwahine wrote:
So I guess it's a lower shelf mixing rum.
Who cares when you have a bottle this cool? I must have one! I wonder if they'll be available in Canada?
If anyone is note rested in doing a swap, PM me!

[/quote]

The Deadhead Rum website has a where you can purchase it button or you can buy it online from Zee Tequila. I don't know if they have a Canada shipping option.
http://www.deadheadrum.com
http://www.zeetequila.com/products/DEADHEAD®-Rum.html

Crystal – light bodied white rum features the balanced flavors of sweet sugar-cane molasses & pure vanilla.

Aged Spice – medium sweet, with vanilla, cream and oak. Hints of cinnamon, clove and allspice are present.

Aged – sumptuous richness and depth, perfectly balanced with vanilla and caramel, hints of smokiness and char from the oak barrel are apparent with minor notes of orange zest and figs.

DEADHEAD™ rum will be available in: AZ, CA, GA, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, WA.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2013-03-01 20:46 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-03-02 1:05 pm   Permalink

Here's a photo that has a completely different sculpt in the middle, maybe it was just a prototype.

Well, from what I can tell Hi-Time only sells the "DEADHEAD 6YR RUM 750" (at least on their website), so that's why we might have only had the chance to sample that flavor. Hopefully we can try the others at a future RRC meeting.

The Rum...

Their Cocktail...

Marie/Tonga Hut's cocktail...

Big 'n' little...

The RRC group shot...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation