[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Boom Boom Room
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Boom Boom Room
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-22 11:51 am   Permalink

We've got this 3 season room off out 1950's Cape Cod that must've been a self-made home renovation long ago. Basically bricks and storm windows... I'm actually waiting for it to collapse under it's on weight some day. But until then it's my Boom Boom Room (or rather at least six months out of the year it is).

It stated slowly, a few things here and there, but was kicked up a notch two summers ago when I lined most of it in split bamboo, last year was a great find of a vintage rattan sectional, this year already it's a Witco bar. At this rate it should be killer by 2050

I don't have many pics, but I wanted to start this thread to kick it into gear.

Here's a teaser:

So, the name has various sources, which I think makes it that much better, most I've learned of after the name stuck:
1927-2008 a bar in Laguna Beach, first a serviceman's bar and then a gay bar from 1940's onward (no tiki)
(the term Boom Boom was supposedly Navy speak for sex)
1960's play about a bisexual go-go dancer (probably no tiki)
Nightclub in the Fontainebleu hotel, Miami Beach
Same nightclub was a locale on "Surfside Six", where Cha Cha O'Brien and the Boom Boom Boys performed. Both in the 60's
Portland strip club (tiki? doubt it)
Possibly the home bar/game room of Rob Zombie, media room of Mariah Carey's, and glow in the dark, psychedlia room of Fieldy's, bassist of Korn (or "Mtv Cribs" used it as an odd generic term at some point)
The Standard in New York's club, although it's no longer officially called that, it seems to have stuck also. (no tiki, but glass bathroom stalls overlooking the High Line)

[ This Message was edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2013-03-13 14:51 ]

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-22 3:15 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see more!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-22 8:28 pm   Permalink

more more more

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-24 11:38 am   Permalink

Sounds like it is shaping up nicely...keep up the great work and post more pics. Cheers

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 5:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll get working on some pics.

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 6:43 pm   Permalink

looking pretty cool. I will be looking for more pics. Aloha!!!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 08:22 am   Permalink

If we ever find a day to have our booze potluck, I'll have to get some pics for you.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 2:41 pm   Permalink

Got a few pics when I had some ohana over this weekend. Hopefully more to come:

Edited to get the pics right (or closer to right).

[ This Message was edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-06-25 14:47 ]

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 08:45 am   Permalink

Some more, Thanks Melody.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-26 5:48 pm   Permalink

Appears delightfully bambooed and appropriately cluttered...and looks like your group had a great time. Way to go Pittsburgh Ohana!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-26 17:48, VampiressRN wrote:
Appears delightfully bambooed and appropriately cluttered...and looks like your group had a great time. Way to go Pittsburgh Ohana!!!!

Thanks Vampiress!

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 11:33 am   Permalink

I've been thinking that I should really add more photos, but It'll have to be in the spring when I can re-open the Boom Boom Room for the season.
Until then, I stumbled across this one of the sectional and Co Co Joes.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-24 3:10 pm   Permalink

Wow...that is a gorgeous corner unit. Thanks for updating, you are doing a great job.
Cheers

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

Pauly,

I too am anxiously awaiting the time when I can reopen my tiki space. It's hard to live through the winter,isn't it? Can't wait to see more pictures of your space in a few weeks.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

Pauly,

I too am anxiously awaiting the time when I can reopen my tiki space. It's hard to live through the winter,isn't it? Can't wait to see more pictures of your space in a few weeks.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation