[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Wally's Tikis art
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Wally's Tikis art
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 3:59 pm   Permalink

Wally I started with polymere clay. I love that stuff. You are making wonderful tikis. It's good that you are using the colored clay. I used the brown or white clay and painted it after it baked. The Liquitex Glossies I used reacted with the clay and turned into sticky fly paper. It took a couple of years but I found that concrete sealer would seal it and take away the stickiness but what a lot of work. The bowls I was making back then were too large to use the colored clay. You are perfect using it for necklaces. Good job. Wendy-danlovestikis

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wally's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-16 7:16 pm   Permalink

I know polymer is used allot for prototyping etc. and to get scanned into a computer as a mackette (sorry about the spelling) Polymer should not be used for food, or as anything that might end up in one's mouth, because of the plastisizers used in the compounds. When coating it, water based products are best. I do love the versatility of the medium though. Sculpt time not withstanding, I can go from concept to finished piece in hours instead of days, dovetails great with my attention span.

View Profile of Wally's Tikis Send a personal message to Wally's Tikis  Goto the website of Wally's Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-17 10:48 pm   Permalink

Your tikis have a great dental plan...

Good stuff bruddah

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wally's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-18 11:15 am   Permalink

Well, here's a suffering bastard....He's not smiling....although I'm partial to making the "toothy" ones.

View Profile of Wally's Tikis Send a personal message to Wally's Tikis  Goto the website of Wally's Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation