FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 2:20 pm   Permalink

My tiki matchbooks... waiting patiently for the day to come that they can be in Ooga-Mooga.

Ooga-Mooga launched nearly seven years ago (whoa!). Thanks to you guys adding all of your beautiful collections (and oh so many pictures, almost 70,000 of them!), it has grown into an outstanding resource for tikiphiles.

There’s so much to love about it… it’s fantastic for learning more about tiki mugs and other collectibles, seeing what others are finding for their collections, trading and connecting with other tikiphiles, all that great stuff. It’s so lovely to get lost exploring everyone’s collections on Ooga-Mooga, and you guys make it fun.

But not everything about Ooga-Mooga is loveable, and frankly, you guys deserve something better…

Ooga-Mooga is getting a much-needed overhaul!
To learn about what's in store for Ooga-Mooga, please read the full announcement at Ooga-Mooga:
Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-14 2:54 pm   Permalink

FWIW, i'm very happy to read this announcement! I was just thinking today how I ought to get my new mugs added and at the same time dreaded doing so.

Looking forward to seeing the new site.

View Profile of Chuck Lava Send a personal message to Chuck Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

Knowing just how much work goes into a website upgrade like this
you must be a masochist? Thanks in advance for taking it on & I look forward
to a remodeled Ooga-Mooga.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-14 3:14 pm   Permalink

SHOOUUTZZ!!!! If we can upload more than one picture at a time I'm down!!
Mahalo's again Humu for the great resource you've provided for all of us Tiki Heads too..
Aloha

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 3:31 pm   Permalink

I just woke up and saw the announcment to this on Facebook. Personally i find the site quite easy to use already. I do understand that after seven years it might be time for an upgrade, i just hope that the 'improvements' are for the better and not worse. I definitely agree with some of things mentioned that could/will make the site more user friendly although there's also a couple i'm not sure about. Especially a name change. I like the idea of being able to add other tiki related paraphernalia like matchbooks, postcards, etc. Either way, i'm confident Humuhumu will do a good job.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 3:42 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for all the support, guys!

Beachbumz -- being able to add multiple photos at once is definitely on the list, though it may not be in place by the time of launch. The biggest gain out of this, though, is that new features like that will be much easier to add, so it's coming, for sure!

swizzle -- I understand, considering a name change felt weird to me at first, too. But I've been using the new name long enough now that it feels weird to call it "Ooga-Mooga"! It'll sit a little funny at first, as these things do, but I think that with time and patience, the new name will grow on you, too.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 4:09 pm   Permalink

Ooga Mooga is also overdue for an Overture! Of praise! Although I am not an active collection sharer and trader, I have many times fallen back on it for my research, or to just communicate about a certain mug in question. Especially when I am in Europe, it is always a trusty tool. Thank You Humu for all your work and commitment to Tiki, and I can't wait for the new christening!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 4:35 pm   Permalink

Im with Sven on this one. Im not a active user either. But it is cool to fall back on and do some research on mugs and some other things that you find. You have done a great job HumuHumu. Mahaloz for all your hard work.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-14 5:18 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to your upgrade. Thanks for all the great work you do.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-14 5:21 pm   Permalink

Who is this "Humuhumu" person?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 7:38 pm   Permalink

Her name is Michelle Trott. She is the one who created Critiki.com and ooga-mooga.com. Been a major contributor to the tiki scene for awhile.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 7:43 pm   Permalink

forgotten tikiman, Grog was making a joke
He knows Humuhumu FYI

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 11:05 pm   Permalink

I am very excited about all the up-grades. However, I too like the current name, but it is your baby.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-15 12:16 am   Permalink

Great news! If the database is heading towards having more than just mugs it makes sense to change the name.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-15 08:09 am   Permalink

This is GREAT news!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation