FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-15 08:09 am   Permalink

This is GREAT news!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-15 1:12 pm   Permalink

@ Atomic Tiki Punk. Ah! Gotcha. I was all WHAT!!! All cool. Aloha!!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 09:28 am   Permalink

Is this where I post my wish-list for the new version? Well, I'm doing it anyway!

Sounds like adding postcards and other ephemera is in the works. Please add a way for us to add a date for our item if it has one. i.e. I have this postcard in my collection and it is postmarked October 1965. That sort of data will help us figure out some dates for places and objects. And it isn't just postcards. I have matchbooks and menus that have dates penciled on them.

Now for the biggie! So, we're gonna get to put in postcards and matchbooks right? Well, that likely means there is an address and phone number printed there. If we can add that info, then that could meld with Critiki and make a true database of locations. That is a project I have wanted to do for years. And as you ID a location via that sort of info, it can dovetail into matching mugs to them by their drink menu. They may not have had a mug with their name on it, or they may have some that do not, but, those mugs are already in Ooga-Mooga, so they could be tagged as being used in that location. Really swanky if the menu image could be tagged Facebook style to link to the mug entry...

A thorough database of this sort would create a completist version of a location information. You surf to Islander Stockton and there is every mug, both marked and unmarked, and their postcards, menus, etc. And you surf to the Imperial Glass gold leaf bamboo glass and see it was used at the Kahiki and X, Y and Z locations as well.

That is the website of my dreams... Go H! You can do it!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-16 4:18 pm   Permalink

My request:
There are so many great places listed in Critiki that are, alas, long gone. Could you please add programing that will allow us to plug something into our brains, and go visit those places in the Matrix,... and drink from our choice of mugs?
Some of us might never unplug.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-16 6:15 pm   Permalink

It’s amazing how something so simple and fun to collect, became an obsession! I’m truly grateful to have found OM and the ever growing tiki mug collections cataloged inside. Vintage, standard, rare, artistic, revival, unusual… something for one and all mugheads to share and explore! I’ve met and traded with amazing peep’z because of Ooga-Mooga, including our dearly missed Tiki Kate.

You’ve created a gem Humuhumu and although it may be outdated technically and in need of an intuitive refit… that is just a bit of it’s charm. Kinda like Trader Tom, right?!!

Anyways, I’ve always enjoyed Ooga-Mooga simply for being just what it is…”Ooga Mooga”. So call it what you wish and scratch that 7-year itch. Please, I beg of you, don’t make it too flashy, neon, metallic or brightly lit. I still enjoy a musty dim-lit corner, where the blowfish lamps are dusty, the floor is sticky from spilled Mai Tai and the tiki fountain is cracked, splintered and filling a mossy lagoon of koi.

Mahalo’z for creating, maintaining and updating “Ooga-Mooga”, -please keep paradise, avoid the parking lot and just say “NO” to walgreens!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
K9RADIOTIKI

Posted: 2012-04-16 7:32 pm   Permalink

YES! So nice to hear! Drinks all around!

View Profile of K9RADIOTIKI Send a personal message to K9RADIOTIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-18 10:33 am   Permalink

Great news Humu! Im looking forward to the new additions. Thanks Trader Tom for keeping is up to date with what? A couple
Thousand new templates? Cheers Humu and Tom once again

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-18 11:53 pm   Permalink

Thats great news,I havent put anything new on for a while but cant wait for a revamp,It is quite difficult finding some templates with some mugs and look forward to matchbooks and postcards etc(Also menus? and other odd finds like treasure craft stuff etc)

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 08:14 am   Permalink

Fantastic! I'm sure it'll be amazing, and although I'm partial to the name, I'm sure I'll love the new just as much. (I mean you came up with both right?)
Can't wait to see the changes!
Thanks for all you do!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-20 11:36 am   Permalink

ooga mooga!!

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-28 07:57 am   Permalink

Swanky, the gold leaf bamboo glasses you referred to actually were not used at the Kahiki. Several sellers on Ebay are using the Kahiki name to get newbies to shell out more money. They are nice glasses, but just that- not Kahiki related. Thought I would pass this along so TCers aren't buying something they think is Kahiki.

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-26 07:25 am   Permalink

Could this mean that the ooverhaul is being worked on???!
Or just regular maintenance?

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-26 12:41 pm   Permalink

Sorry, but it's just regular maintenance. The site has been down for a little while. Humu is working to get it fixed.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-26 6:41 pm   Permalink

Looks like the site is back up and working fine. However, we lost some recently posted pictures, so if you added some recently, please double-check. You may need to erase those that show as blue squares with question marks and add new pics.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-27 10:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-26 12:41, Trader Tom wrote:
Sorry, but it's just regular maintenance. The site has been down for a little while. Humu is working to get it fixed.

Drat!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation