FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 22ND ANNUAL, Live 'Martin Denny Special' broadcast from the Purple Orchid (April 24th)
22ND ANNUAL, Live 'Martin Denny Special' broadcast from the Purple Orchid (April 24th)
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-22 6:24 pm   Permalink

UPDATE: here's a description supplied by Molotov Cocktail Hour...

Atten-shun! All you HoDads, Kahunas and Bikinied Wahinis: help us celebrate spring the way it pleases the Gods most: with voodoo ceremonies, bloodthirsty tigers and scantily clad priestesses. This Tuesday, April 24th, the MCH joins forces with Soiree Musicale's Yolanda, and with the magic of Maki presents the 22rd annual (!!!) Martin Denny Easter Special. From 8PM to Midnight we will be broadcasting live from the Purple Orchid Tiki Room in El Segundo, the gateway to the pacific. Head on down to join in the fun and call in sick for Wednesday. Congratulate Special Agent Lotus and Cyrano on their recent nuptials and be there for a big announcement from Seńor Amor that will have a seismic effect on the show...and no, it has nothing to do with his stomach.

This Tuesday night, DJs Cyrano and Senor Amor will be hosting a live broadcast of their annual MARTIN DENNY SPECIAL from the Purple Orchid in El Segundo.

It's always a good time to see these exotica DJs spin their magic live in a tiki bar.

8pm - MIDNIGHT

Purple Orchid Tiki Lounge
221 Richmond Street, El Segundo 90245
Google Map:
http://g.co/maps/j6gk5

Or visit The Molotov Cocktail Hour's Facebook page.

I'm going. Hope to see YOU there!

[ This Message was edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2012-04-25 00:27 ]

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-22 6:32 pm   Permalink

That was a pretty fun event last year.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-23 4:37 pm   Permalink

Cool....This was great last year...gotta go again....who's in ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 4:54 pm   Permalink

It was a lot of fun last year, and I'll try to do it again.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 4:29 pm   Permalink

Updated!

Molotov Cocktail Hour has provided more details on the event... including that it goes from 8pm-MIDNIGHT (rather than the previously posted 8p-10p).

Let's go!

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scombsmatta
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-24 5:28 pm   Permalink

Kuke and Big Corona Kahuna will be there!

Susie

View Profile of scombsmatta Send a personal message to scombsmatta      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-24 6:31 pm   Permalink

Have a great time everyone, wish I could make it.
Take some pics!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-24 7:08 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! I will be attending tonight I hope to see some of you

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 7:36 pm   Permalink

Dang, I've been trying to fight off a sore throat all day but am not winning, so I won't be going out. I'll try to listen in to the fun on KXLU.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 12:29 am   Permalink

That was pretty spectacular. Thanks to the entire Molotov Cocktail Hour team for a wonderful night of music & fun.
Hard to believe these guys have been at it for 24 years. Congratulations!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation