Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki bought my first set of tiki mugs today
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
bought my first set of tiki mugs today
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 9:49 pm   Permalink

I'd bet that at least 80% of us have those guys... I know I do. Congrats! Enjoy the word of mug fun!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-28 11:53 am   Permalink

Congratulations on your mug purchases. I don't have an overwhelming collection of mugs and don't have the knowledge or money to purchase the historic collector items that the experts buy, but I love my collection. I buy from artists on TC and from Tiki Farm and Bars when I find them. You do what you can, when you can, and over time you will acquire a little ceramic heaven and then you gotta build shelves and host a crawl and buy that print and get those shirts and get that giant tiki that will just fit in your corner and........
"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-01 4:52 pm   Permalink

I love them! A nice way to start with a pop of color!

I also just started collecting about a month ago. It's just a little addicting, right? I needed a home for the 12 mugs I have acquired, so I spent 2 days searching a for a round rattan wall shelf and now on it goes...

Can you hear the drums and the chanting "one of us, one of us" in the background? I sure can.

View Profile of KittyKat65 Send a personal message to KittyKat65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-02 11:59 am   Permalink

I think the Accoutrements mugs were my first also!
You're off to a good start

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luau Lili

Posted: 2012-05-02 2:01 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the addictive world of tiki collecting! You're in trouble now!

View Profile of Luau Lili Send a personal message to Luau Lili      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 06:17 am   Permalink

Such a positive vibe on this thread, Maika'i Na'au, you guys are pretty great. I bought those mugs too, from Archie McPhee's around '95, long before I knew of any Tiki Ohana.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 09:24 am   Permalink

I always said I wasn't going to collect tiki mugs. A year and a half ago I bought one. There're like rabbits, they keep multiplying. I now have 25 but I'm not collecting tiki mugs.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-25 11:38 am   Permalink

On 2012-04-25 20:57, GROG wrote:
At least yours are ceramic. All of GROG' tiki mugs are plastic.

Doug the Tiki Mug once told me that plastic is the only way to go poolside.

View Profile of DarthMalaguti Send a personal message to DarthMalaguti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation