FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 08:20 am   Permalink

I'm in on this swap - Thanks Mike for organizing - now what do I paint?

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:05 am   Permalink

C'mon G - you have to pick a topic first.

Quick question - Are Zombies cannibals?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:10 am   Permalink

Technically, I guess they are. Just not in the "natives sitting around a stewpot full of missionary" sense

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:22 am   Permalink

how do you get in the art swap and can i join if its not to late

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:51 am   Permalink

Marquesan / French Polynesia is my pick...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:57 am   Permalink

Yaay Mike!

I'm voting animals. I've struggled when the swaps topics get too narrow.

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 10:59 am   Permalink

2 ways to join.

Contact the Swap manager. He will send you the limited liabilty and artist qualification forms. Fill them out in triplicate and mail to 3 non-discretionary associates. Once your forms are processed and filed for public knowledge, someone will contact you with your secret password and a diagram of the secret handshake. Then you find your way to a legitimate tiki bar. Find the hottest waitress, tell her your pasword and finish it with the secret handshake and a pat on the ass. She will in-turn either slap your face or she will give you a phone number. Create your art and then call the phone number - she will tell you where to stick your art!

or

Make a piece of art and post it on this thread before the deadline.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-30 6:21 pm   Permalink

Great input peoples, keep it coming. Animal lovers, are you thinking of everything that isn't vegetable or mineral? When I hear "animal" I immediately think land mammals, but it seems the Papua New Guinea fruit bat is about the only Polynesian land mammal. If you include birds and sealife (and humans & mermaids), you have a lot more to work with.

Looks like right now we have a 4 way tie for Marquesan/French Polynesian, Cannibal, Animal, and Fire/Pele/Volcanos

Anthony, the drawing for the Swap is done at the very end so you can join at any time as long as your piece is FINISHED by the deadline.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 7:03 pm   Permalink

I'm intrigued and want to join in but I'm not so sure how someone would feel about getting something *I* made! LOL

But I'm always impressed with how kind & supportive everyone I've encountered on TC is so I'll give it a whirl IF I can think of something that goes with the theme!

Can't wait to hear what it is. My vote is for Fire or animals as long as it isn't limited to mammals.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-01 04:17 am   Permalink

how about making a piece of art based on your favorite tiki bar - old, new, current or long gone ?? you pick out any tiki bar and make something that reflects that particular place ?? this way it opens up all sorts of possibilities and the final piece can be something based on the decor of a place, the look of the place (signage, interior or architecture) or even an event held at that place. maybe even your favorite drink at a particular place.

maybe a theme isn't even necessary. tiki is the theme so turn us loose to make anything artwise that is tiki related. we'll call this one "artists choice"

just my 2 cents.

I think i'm in on this no matter what theme is choosen

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-05-01 04:21 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-01 04:53 am   Permalink

"we'll call this one "artists choice"

This one I like!!
Animals? I guess I could decapitate a squirrel and stick a light in his head.
Would that be tiki? or maybe cannibal,Kinda headhunter.

I will be in if the theme is workable.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-01 06:09 am   Permalink

One of the coolest things about the swap is that you don't have to stick to your "wheelhouse". Carvers can paint, painters can carve, lamp guys can try anything. No one is expecting anything, so have fun. Just remember that you will be paying to send your stuff to your swap mate - even if they live on the other side of the planet! I have sent Swap items to New Zealand, Australia, and Europe.

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-01 06:40 am   Permalink

hasn't pele/fire/ volcano been done as a swap already?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turtle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-01 08:45 am   Permalink

This looks fun. I'm open to any topic. I little creative challenge can be interesting. Surprise me.

View Profile of Turtle Send a personal message to Turtle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-01 10:41 am   Permalink

LoriLovesTikis what is fun about this swap is that it is an opportunity to see a lot of art in one place. You get to meet many people and make new friends. I for one just want to have fun at this art party with as many people who have great attitudes. So please join in. Just work hard on your piece to do the best you can. That's all that's expected. You'll be encouraged and you'll grow as an artist. I wouldn't have made the Zombie Mug if I hadn't done the first clay version during the menu swap, its what inspired me.

I like the freedom of "Artists Choice". That's a fun wild ride into each persons mind. Freedom, the American way! On the other hand it could be weird. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation