FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-01 08:41 am   Permalink

Due to the encouragement of Mad Dog Mike & the oh-so-talented Wendy, I'm going to participate in the swap. I had this idea for a painting of an exploding volcano with little tikis on fire running away from it but I'm not much of a painter. So I googled Pele and found the volcano goddess.

Since I've been dabbling in clay I decided to create a volcano with the godess coming out of it. It's drying now and I'm praying it will survive the firing. I hollowed her out but I'm still nervous she will explode.

I started with a volcano shape"

Then added lava and formed my Goddess. People are hard - be kind!

Lori
Tiki Newbie
*edited for spelling

[ This Message was edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2012-06-01 08:42 ]

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-01 09:18 am   Permalink

I'M IN, I'M IN!

I would like to contribute to the art swap. I haven't painted much in the way of tiki, but I am fully prepared to rock it!

Let me know if I'm too late.

P.S. Tiki G and I are roomies, so swapping with him would be pretty anti-climactic for both of us... is there a way to be sure that this doesn't happen?

Aloha,

Melekalikimaka

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-01 09:33 am   Permalink

Wow its getting pretty crazy every thing is looking so cool
Im starting to feel like i should do more shouldn't have finished so soon
Mahalo

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-01 10:17 am   Permalink

Wow, a flurry of volcanic activity!

Kele, those beads will make an interesting and colorful twist on gravel art. Sparkly too.
Lori, way to jump in with both feet, you go girl! Be sure to let those dry SLOWLY so they don't crack. Write me if you have any questions about slow drying.
Mele, not too late at all. It doesn't matter when you start as long as you finish by the deadline. It is important to keep the swap as fair and random as possible, but that is a reasonable request that we should be able to fulfil.
Anthony, no problem with finishing early - looks like you have inspired several people to get moving. You are also welcome to create something else and give your Swap partner a choice.

I pulled 103 ceramic pieces out of the bisque firing this morning. I have accented the red clay pieces with a deeper red glaze and some black accents and they are back in the kiln again until tomorrow morning.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-01 3:09 pm   Permalink

sweet
everyone is rockin right along

paints done...
after doing the teeth, I realized I need freekin glasses....

next will be staining the outside areas...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-01 3:30 pm   Permalink

I'm just smiling from ear to ear. Tiki inspires art. It is wonderful to see the very different projects. I think I'll have to work hard on volcano Bob to catch up with all of you. Lori you should have been doing this years ago. I'm so glad you are doing it now. Mike, good thing you numbered those tiles! I love beads and gravel art, Kele what a treasure of supplies you have. Wood carving is super hard, hang10 you've certainly got the hang of it and the painting looks super. AnthoneyMaye your helmet looks professional. If I missed anyone I find you later on. Ms Tiki G welcome (can you tell I can't remember your long name).

I almost forgot. I especially thank you all for the photos, its so much fun to see them. Tigertail777 so sorry about your frame, good save and great photos, I'm anxious to see what you paint. ZeroTiki did you finish?__________

Can we wait until 8/8 ???____

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2012-06-01 15:35 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-02 4:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-02 5:28 pm   Permalink

Go mad dog go...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-02 5:37 pm   Permalink

Looking great Mad Dog and a fantastic start by everyone involved!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-02 7:43 pm   Permalink

stain done,
next is gloss...

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-03 05:57 am   Permalink

MadDog, you've created quite the puzzle to put together!
Hang10tiki, don't fret about the reading glasses, happens to most of us eventually. But your piece is looking great!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-03 09:17 am   Permalink

Thanks guys, I'm starting to get a finishing frenzy but I have other projects I really need to be working on instead

The big leaves in front didn't get enough glaze coverage so they are going back into the fire. At least I can use them as "placeholders" for now to glue down the volcano pieces. On the background leaves on the left, I tried to create some perspective by making the sizes go from large to small. I'll still need to cut some leaves to fill in the gaps before grouting.

I wanted to lay some glass tiles down for the picture to get a sense of how it will look but I can't find my glass tiles right now. Maybe I need to clean up the studio?

Fortunately, some of the bigger pieces are part of a project that finishes this week

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-03 6:23 pm   Permalink

beautiful stuff all around! Woo HOO!!!
Wendy, I am still fine tuning, but I am also putting together some special treats for Oasis---stay tuned!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-06-03 18:26 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 4:33 pm   Permalink

Was going to work on mine more last night.... but not after imbibing in a few Mai Tai birthday libations at Trader Vic's. For the first time in my life I have a hangover ugh. Well its an interesting way to start out being 40.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-04 5:05 pm   Permalink

hang10tiki you finished! He looks great.

MadDogMike, if that table was mine I'd leave those leaves alone. They are perfect with one side lighter than the other. If makes them look like 1/2 the leaf is catching the light. Just a thought.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation