FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 5:17 pm   Permalink

Maka, Kele, Sophista
awesome...

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2012-06-26 17:44 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:30 pm   Permalink

Almost done.
Oh, I am going with fire on this swap as this light has a flicker flame bulb in it.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:34 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip, I think you'll draw additional swappers in with that awesome lamp!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:56 pm   Permalink

Greetings to my Tiki Central art brothers and sisters -

I just finished my Pele/Fire/Volcano painting this afternoon - this is the piece I will be submitting.

Please allow me to present to you:

"Pele-At-The-Beach #1"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" stretched canvas.
June 6, 2012.

I believe it turned out pretty cool - there's hidden stuff buried in the painting to discover - and the best thing? Its color-wheel activated! The painting reacts differently under different colored light-bulbs (blinking red, green and blue is best - they make the painting "pop"!)

So...I'm finished!! I always look at this thread first when I log into T.C. 'cause its great fun to anticipate all the beautiful creations. All the entries are damn nice and I salute all the artists and craftspeople who have posted so far.

Aloha! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-26 4:56 pm   Permalink

Mele, Kele, and Dawn = Beautiful work! I stopped by at El Burro Cybercafe to chech Swap progress and I wasnt disappointed!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 5:39 pm   Permalink

Skip n TikiG
Great stuff...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 7:31 pm   Permalink

Skip, I am LOVING those lamps! I am so in need of floatsam and jetsam for the ceiling of my tiki bar.

All of the works are magificient!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 9:53 pm   Permalink

Wow I haven't posted in a while but amazing everything is amazing

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-27 05:23 am   Permalink

Yes some great stuff here.
Thanks for the props all.
Will post photos when done.
Hope I don't F!@# it up.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 06:29 am   Permalink

I have mine painted - just need to post some pics. soon.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 7:23 pm   Permalink

Starting a bit of vacation... (not much of a change, 'cause I don't work very hard)... but should get me moving on my Pele idea...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 5:02 pm   Permalink

Dawn~Amazing, can't wait to see it finished!
TikiShip~That lamp is fantastic!
TikiG~I had no idea that a human could create such things in a painting... way cool!
& here is my latest progress shot...

Time to start picking out beads.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 5:13 pm   Permalink

ok ..procrastinated long enuff on this..so imagine THIS

in LURID color painted on THIS

and there u have it..will post progress as it is begun

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-29 3:25 pm   Permalink

Greg, TikiSkip, & Moondog - very cool! This Swap is shaping up very nicely thans to all of you talented artists!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 7:40 pm   Permalink

Started on mine a few days ago, and nearly done. This has been a heck of a lot of fun, so much so that I am pretty certain I will be doing more velvet paintings in the future. I really dig the incredible subtleties you can get with shadows doing velvet, however fun as it is velvet is a VERY unforgiving medium when it comes to mistakes. I am not altogether happy with the anatomy on Pele, but its passable. I usually keep re-working over my mistakes on regular canvas, but you cannot do that with velvet, and I was not aware of the many layers you have to keep building up of the paint. All in all not too shabby for my first velvet painting.

This is the sketch on the velvet using white pencil.

The first stage of painting, I am farther along now and will take pictures shortly.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation