FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-14 8:53 pm   Permalink

my phone took a crummy picture but it HAS been begun!

better detail soon

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-15 1:14 pm   Permalink

bb moondog looking good, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 2:13 pm   Permalink

Everyone's pieces look SO great! I'd be thrilled to have ANY of them!

I've been steadily working on mine, but gravel (bead) art takes a long time. Here's a progress shot from today. Everything in the picture is finished except the ominous sky & then I need to 'tikify' the frame.

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 2:37 pm   Permalink

thats so cool, gravel art is a classic!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 4:50 pm   Permalink

Moondog- great start, can't wait to c end result.

Hay MO- lookin good, that must take forever...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-15 9:38 pm   Permalink

Moondog and Kele, those pieces are both looking great!

Only about 26 days left to the deadline!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-15 9:45 pm   Permalink

(double post)

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-07-15 21:46 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-16 2:49 pm   Permalink

Here is the rough outline. Now to separate the five colors by hand cutting each one, put them on screens and print. Lookin' good BB, what music are ya listening to lately? WaikikianMoeKele great gravel art!

[ This Message was edited by: cy 2012-07-16 14:53 ]

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they really keep me motivated.

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-16 7:40 pm   Permalink

Looking great Cy. But how do you tell if you've got it hanging upsidedown?

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-17 07:57 am   Permalink

Kele and CY wow what fun art, super. LoriLovesTiki where are you??? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-17 08:05 am   Permalink

That's what I was wondering? Lori and AlohaStation both showed early progress shots but we haven't seen anything lately

Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 5:46 pm   Permalink

Alright,

I have finally got proof

It's been glazed, but not fired. The trunks will be clay (dark speckly brown), the fronds will be a dark green gloss, the rest of the bowl will be a light blue (I hope, didn't have a sample of the glaze but that's what I asked for).

The volcano is an experiment. I painted the bottom with a black slip. Then dipped the whole thing in chun red. Extra dips up top and inside, it runs a lot when thick so hopefully a nice lava effect will happen.

Should be fired in a week or so, we're hoping we get 2 more firings before class is over the day before the swap deadline

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 7:18 pm   Permalink

Ok, already!! I have to respond after being called out. (I'm talking to YOU TWO - MDM & Wendy!) My volcano godess and her volcano came out of the kiln on the last day of school and have sat on my kitchen table ever since. Upon advice of Wendy I set out looking for some glaze that gets fired in a home oven (Liquitex glossies) but none of my local "artsy" stores have that - Michaels or AC Moore. So tomorrow I'm heading to a art supply store - Utrecht tomorrow or Friday so I can finish the fire godess's face. Here's a few pictures:

(She's not the lovliest Wahine in the universe but at least you can tell she's human - I hope....)

She's SUPPOSED to look like she's covered in fire with flames for hands.

Here's her volcano:

and the two pieces together as they are intended to be:

That's it for now until I give her skin some appropriate color, maybe then she'll look less like something from Twilight, ha-ha.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 7:21 pm   Permalink

Oh and Sophista-tiki I just love your painting, I'd be honored to have it! And Badd, I can't wait to see that bowl.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation