FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-02 7:42 pm   Permalink

I am so impressed by everyone that I have no favorite, I want them all for Dan's collection. I for one appreciate all the hard work that has been put into these pieces. Thank you MadDogMike for running a great show. Five more days!!! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 03:37 am   Permalink

I'm going offline next week. I look forward to swapping and will stop by once I'm back.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 06:41 am   Permalink

I'm lovin' it Lori!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 6:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bongo & Mike!

I've got tons of sunscreen packed and looking forward to a good trip. I'll catch you on the flip side.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 05:31 am   Permalink

******************* Waaay coool aaartsy faaartsy ALL! *****************

Enigmatic? Nothing to hide hear. Just a bradah tryin' to make his hands dance with his minds eye...

I gotta get crack'n and kick Pele out this weekend! Photo-finish, shoootz?

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 06:57 am   Permalink

I got it! The dimple at the top gave it away

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 04:18 am   Permalink

FIRE! FIRE!! FIRE!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 08:01 am   Permalink

THAT is art TravelingJones!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 08:34 am   Permalink

That's Hot TJ

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 10:29 am   Permalink

Smokinnnnnnnn

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 10:31 am   Permalink

Too cool, no hot hot hot!!! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 4:23 pm   Permalink

WOW. That is awesome!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 4:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-06 10:29, hang10tiki wrote:
Smokinnnnnnnn

Yeah, what Jon said!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 5:33 pm   Permalink

Shakin' & bakin'!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 10:16 pm   Permalink

Ok, here it is, my finished piece...

Entitled, "Diamond Head Erupting"
Bead Mosaic

When I visited Oahu in 1994 with my now ex-husband & 3 younger daughters for a Community Cable TV Conference we we definitely traveling "on the cheap." Because of this he chose the cheapest housing available which was the University of Hawaii at Manoa. We stayed in an apartment on the 13th floor of a student housing building near what we called the "Jetson Towers", round tower housing. Anyway, for 3 days I was looking out the living room window & seeing what seemed a very familiar view, but I couldn't quite place it. I asked the students at the desk downstairs if there was a famous view up on the 13th floor, but they told me, 'I don't know I've never been up there.' Finally, about day 4, I realized that I had been staring at DIAMOND HEAD for 3 days & did not recognize it! Well, I really enjoyed it for the remainder of our 7 day stay, but to this day whenever ANYONE in my family sees a picture of Diamond Head, they say to me, "what is the name of that mountain?" So this is my tribute to Diamond Head.

Also, during WWII, my father was stationed near Pearl Harbor & he worked in the tunnels that were blasted in the extinct volcanoes (I have a couple pics) & when I visited there, I was thrilled to see the doorways into the hillsides that he had told me about as we traveled. My Dad did not get there until a while after "a day that will live in infamy." Although they were often on high alert, they never were actually in any real danger as somehow the Japanese decided to never again attack the Hawaiian bases. As my father was really into photography, I also have some interestint 'candid' shots of the 'native women' which my mother would never let us view as children! But mostly just candid shots of the soldiers daily life.

Ok, I digress. Here is my finished offering for the Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap.

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation