FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Pele/Fire/Volcano Art Swap ~ Drawing Results!!!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-11 6:37 pm   Permalink

Moondog, there's a list on page one of possible Swap themes we were kicking around. The Martin Denny idea is a good one, I added it to the list for next time.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-12 6:34 pm   Permalink

I'm back from vacation and stoked about my new painting. Melekalikimaka - have fun on your trip and get in touch with me when you get back. I'll get some new photos posted soon.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-12 9:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks a lot Mike for putting together this fun event, can't wait to see Wendy's Pele mug in person!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-13 06:58 am   Permalink

Alohastation,

Actually, there is a bonus painting to go with the one you see here. It's an 8 x 10 done in the same styiling, was kind of a 'study' and has the face of Pele' in the steam of the volcano.

I totally dig the carving and have the perfect shelf location for it!

I'll be returning home on 8/28 (yes, it's a nice, long trip). I'll then send you my address info.

Thanks to Mike for being the M.C. of this swap.

Mahalo

(off to D.C. and Baltimore tomorrow, then it's on to Florida for a pre-cruise day at Disney World, then off to The Bahamas!!)

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-14 3:43 pm   Permalink

Hey just got BBs wall hangin diorama art!
Looks great!
Here's where it sits.
Kinda looks like my friends sister Buffy.
Thanks BB!!!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-14 3:48 pm   Permalink

That's QUICK! Looks great you your wall too

PS, can you introduce me to your friend's sister?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 4:26 pm   Permalink

Wow
That was fast
Looks great
Glad the post office went easy on it

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 10:38 am   Permalink

Oasis swap...

Mike, it was great to see you again...

Your mosaic table piece is even more awesome in person...and freekin heavy!

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-20 10:46 am   Permalink

Jon, thanks for posting those pics

It was indeed good to see you again and great to swap with you at OASIS!!!. As is usually the case, photos just didn't do justice to your carving. The colors are great, both the paint and the natural beauty of the wood. And I thought mesquite was only good for cooking big fat steaks!

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 11:16 am   Permalink

artosaurus - could you PM me your address? I have sent you my address, as it has changed since the last swap.

Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 11:02 am   Permalink

Tikiskip, please excuse this lousy photo of the fantastic lamp you crafted for me. But I just had to get a picture out to the tiki faithful. Love this lamp as much as any normally adjusted male can love a hanging electrical device... (Did I just say that?) Thanks again Skip for the lamp and for the "extras".

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 11:10 am   Permalink

sent my piece last week. It should have arrived on the east coast. If not yet, today or tomorow.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-22 12:42 pm   Permalink

Bongo, looking at your background wall I'm reminded of the ancient Chinese provereb ~ "The man with one clock always knows what time it is, but the man with 2 clocks is never quite sure" That lamp looks great there

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-22 3:23 pm   Permalink

I can see that ancient chinese man on two of BB's shelves.

We are so happy with this swap, good job Mike. I've shipped to CY and we have opened our box from him and grinned like fools. Photos soon.

Cheers, WEndy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 6:00 pm   Permalink

Yes, thank you so much Mike! This was a good swap and a good opportunity to be creative. And Tikiskip, so glad you found a good place for Pele... she can be temperamental as well as seductive.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation