FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Gator Hut & Lori's Tiki Bar - boardwalk with cargo net railings pics page 3 - 7/4/2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Gator Hut & Lori's Tiki Bar - boardwalk with cargo net railings pics page 3 - 7/4/2013
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2012-08-24 1:12 pm   Permalink

Gator done!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-25 06:05 am   Permalink

Nice looking bar/pool area! Those tiki speakers are a great idea. Just what I've been searching for. Did you buy those or just use a mask to cover existing speakers?

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-26 5:59 pm   Permalink

Masher,

They're actual outdoor tiki speakers. I got them off eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/tikitoonz-Tiki-Main--Stereo-Speakers-/79948643?_refkw=outdoor+speakers&_pcatid=390&_pcategid=14990&_dmpt=Speakers_Subwoofers

They came with enough speaker wire to run around the peremeter of the pergola to the backside where the stereo sits.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 8:13 pm   Permalink

Lori I luv your slice of Paradise. Do you mind if I refer to you as "Mz Awesomeness" from now on? A tip of the hat to you and your husband.
Btw, I told you a little fib. I don't have a "knot" mug like yours after all. Mine is a different mfg. and says "Aloha Hawaii: on the side.
Spring is on it's way-break out the rum and enjoy what you built!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-03 10:01 am   Permalink

Nui'mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that's whatI call you in my head, rhymes with "yummy" LOL)

You just made my day! "Mz. Awesomeness!" That's probably the nicest things that anyone has ever called me! I humbly thank you! I can't wait to share your compliment with the hubby. we do love our little NJ tiki paradise.

If you & the Missus or you & your bro ever get close to NJ you're welcome to view it in person and enjoy some cocktails with us.

Mahalo!!!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-13 09:36 am   Permalink

Lori I can't believe I missed this until today. What a beautiful tiki paradise. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 11:32 am   Permalink

Thanks Wendy!

Was the mug you made for me in any of the pictures? It sits on my mug shelf in the Gator Hut. If it's not in the pictures I'll take a new one when we thaw out in the Spring, which is not TOO far away, I hope!

HelenCampbell

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:48 am   Permalink

Those were really great! I so love the idea of having one in my own house. How I wish I could make one too. For now, I only have a simple deck in my backyard where I stay with my family at night or some not so busy days. At both side of these stands a tiki torches which I have bought a year ago from http://www.buytikitorches.com and we uses them as our light at night. I was planning to improve it more so that I can hold some family gathering in our own house. I think I should pursue with this one.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed link - 2013-02-21 20:25 ]

View Profile of HelenCampbell Send a personal message to HelenCampbell      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 6:46 pm   Permalink

My very talented and loving husband built an addition to Lori's Tiki Bar and I am THRILLED with it! We discovered some problems last season - 1) when standing behind the bar the bartender got baked like he/she was in the oven and 2) the neighbors behind us had a bird's eye view into our bar (and us them as well) which only got worse when Super Storm Sandy took down one of their big trees. So we planted 3 large Leland Cyprus trees on our side of the fence and built a back bar, which is pretty much done.

It has a large cabinet underneath a countertop which holds a water dispenser/ice maker and our triple headed Margaritaville blender. Above it is a deep shelf which I placed some of my less expensive tiki artifacts since it open and a few tiki mugs I like to look at. At night I put the blender and my tiki mugs underneath , which I padlock - just in case.

Any questions, let me know. The backside of the back bar is covered in an artificial weave. (Which apparently I have no pictures of, I'll get on that.)

Lori

[ This Message was edited by: lorilovestiki 2013-06-09 19:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2013-06-10 07:23 ]

jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-09 6:55 pm   Permalink

Looking good! I know how hard it is to locate cool Tiki items, being in MN, I have to order most things as well. Very nice looking pool area! Question, which palm plants are those you have planted, and HOW do you get them to live thru winter?? I have failed at keeping palm plants alive thru the winters here. Now I just have to live with the tropical flowering plants, in a pot, and in the fall we just pitch them. Sadly.
I love this forum, so many inspiring, talented people here!!

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:00 pm   Permalink

Sweet addition. We need more pics...further back to see how it all looks with the bar and everything. Also a better pic of the side weave. Where did you get that stuff? I think that might make a good option for the front of my bar to tie in with my outdoor furniture.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Jimbo,

We struggle with getting tropical to live through the winter here too. This past winter we lost 3 out of 6 palms but our bananas came back! The palms we are having the best luck with are windmill palms and a needle palm. I swear I spend more time worrying about my palms in the winter than is normal! Our yard is really windy and several attempts to protect the palms blew away!

Good luck to you.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:16 pm   Permalink

Jim.

The synthetic weave we bought was "basket mahogany." You can find it here:
http://www.palapastructures.com/opaccessories/palmmatting.htm

Hope that helps! I'll take more pics soon. Thanks for looking.

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:47 pm   Permalink

very very cool!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:49 pm   Permalink

Lori, is that my mug in with the "less expensive tiki artifacts"? Just kidding

Love the new additions, beautiful and functional. You are lucky that Mr. Awesomeness builts all of that for you

Mike

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation