advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Gator Hut & Lori's Tiki Bar - boardwalk with cargo net railings pics page 3 - 7/4/2013

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
The Gator Hut & Lori's Tiki Bar - boardwalk with cargo net railings pics page 3 - 7/4/2013
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 5:54 pm   Permalink

Update 7/9/2012:

We had a graduation party last Saturday and really busted our butts to get the hut & bar done. It's been a long time since I've posted pictures and for that I apologize but it was pretty much non-stop work around here in the past 2 months or so.

We started the bar with a pergola kit:

And then bought some unfinished cabinets to start as the base of the bar itself.
Then framed out the bar around those cabinets, built a service bar and upper bar from wood:

Then I stained and varnished the bar tops and covered the front and sides of the bar with bamboo splits.

I was able to get a 5" diameter bamboo log split locally and we used that on the corners and across the front. Then everything got multiple coats of marine varnish.

My husband did a bang-up job with the electrical so after that was done I attached brown wired mini lights to the underside of the bar roof, added tiki string lights around the perimeter then hung a few glass floats, a wooden bird, a couple of wind chimes, a coconut head and the "crowning touch" the blowfish lamp I bought at Ohana!! And we also added thatch to the roof, which really made it look like a tiki bar.
Here's a few finished shots:

In the meantime the Gator Hut got bamboo trim on it's ceiling. I still need some more "stuff" for its ceiling but the walls are looking pretty good. I'll post pictures of the Hut later. In the meantime, thanks for looking!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation