FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tapahut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
tapahut
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-24 5:19 pm   Permalink

Awesome, Tom! Can't wait to belly up to that bar!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-27 9:00 pm   Permalink

Lookin good bruddah

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-29 1:04 pm   Permalink

The Parrot came to roost in the Tapahut last year by way of HBTiki when the Bahooka was selling everything because of their upcoming sale of the land. Spring ahead seven months to the January 2014 International Tiki Market Place where I had the pleasure of sharing my vending booth with Fez Moai. He has quite the stockpile of items from the Bahooka and was having some brisk sales. I took home one of the smaller barrel lights with lettering on the top that read "MEE CHUN CANNING CO., HONG KONG". Quick research shows that the barrel could be up to 85 years old. The Tapahut is still young but there's a lot of history hanging from it's beams!

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-29 1:35 pm   Permalink

Tom-very cool!
I was happy to get a parrot for my lounge area. Fez Moai is a nice guy.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-29 7:52 pm   Permalink

Love it, Tom!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-30 12:36 am   Permalink

Wow, that is a serious bar! The barrel looks great hanging there and I'm glad you like it. We should hit up some flea markets together some time.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:09 am   Permalink

Just found the photos from Big Kahuna's Wild Ride Nov. 2013

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:44 am   Permalink

Now that's a cool bunch of righteous Tiki Folk!
Tom the Hut is looking Hut-licious too.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 06:21 am   Permalink

Soy Sauce Barrell Wood barrel staves held together with 4 wide metal rings and 2 narrow rings riveted to sides, around middle are two twisted bamboo rings, near the top of the barrel where there was a plug are 2 vertical metal bands extending from bottom to middle and middle to top, a tin can lid is nailed over the hole in the middle of the barrel where a tap would have been, bottom of barrel is missing; on one side 2 printed Chinese characters at the top above a line of Chinese characters and "BLACK SOY" in the middle, above printing at the bottom "GROSS 125 LBS., NET 100 LBS."; a quarter of the way around in black block letters "MADE IN HONG KONG" at top, "KOON CHUN; YUEN LONG N.T.; HONG KONG; SOY, YELLOW ??"; a quarter of a turn in the middle of the barrel is printed "WA SANG" bordered a dashed line, above"SEATTLE", above "7" at the bottom; faint printing of WA SANG on top. Barrel has deteriorated and the bands are rusty. 1997.021.023

hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 06:30 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: hottiki 2014-01-31 09:12 ]

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 09:09 am   Permalink

I must say, I had the coolest shirt!
The Tapahut is one killer home bar & Tom & Dottie were gracious hosts. Thank You, again, for welcoming me into your home.
Quote:

On 2014-01-31 00:09, hottiki wrote:
Just found the photos from Big Kahuna's Wild Ride Nov. 2013

hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 09:15 am   Permalink

Big Kahuna, thanks for that...stop by anytime you're in the hood !

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 10:11 am   Permalink

How much rice would all that soy sauce cover?

Awesome.....

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 10:29 am   Permalink

Looks like fun!

Love the space, cheers

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:55 pm   Permalink

Great looking place! And the barrel is killer!

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation