FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Central iPhone app? Why not?
Tiki Central iPhone app? Why not?
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-09 02:48 am   Permalink

Will Tiki Central ever have an iPhone app? I want to be able to add photos with my phone in the field or on vacation/event.
It would make uploading photos faster without the aid of uploading to a computer then to the site.

Just a question of why not?

Thanks,
Fuzz

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
porco
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-09 09:06 am   Permalink

there is an app called tapatalk that makes viewing & using phpbb3 based forums much easier. the owner of the forum has to enable/add the code for it to work, as well as the user has to purchase the app for their respective smart phone.

i run it on a forum i admin, and it's pretty nice. the users have really taken to it.

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-17 04:39 am   Permalink

There was a post in the Ohana section requesting it:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39011&forum=15

I sent a message via the "Contact Tiki Central" asking about it... so we'll see. But I will say that browsing on my android isn't too terrible, and double tapping in a thread formats itself pretty well to the smaller screen.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Trev 2012-05-17 04:41 ]

View Profile of Kanu Send a personal message to Kanu  Goto the website of Kanu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kane Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-18 3:26 pm   Permalink

Any movement on tapatalk being enabled? As I've said previously, I would post more often if I could upload photos to tiki central from my iPhone.

View Profile of Kane Tiki Send a personal message to Kane Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-19 03:01 am   Permalink

I've been using my iPhone instead of my PC to interact with TC for over a year now. I take and upload photos to the threads on a regular basis and find it very easy to work with. Not only is the phone much faster than my desktop dinosaur the camera on it is much better than my standalone digital camera.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-19 07:59 am   Permalink

I can view the site on my Galaxy 3 but I can't seem to upload pictures. I'd vote for an app for that!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-19 08:35 am   Permalink

I would love some kind of Android app! Be nice for a Grog Log app as well!!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-04-19 10:55 am   Permalink

Just a heads up on this. First off, Tapatalk is not compatible with Tiki Central. Tapatalk is designed to work with "off the shelf" phpbb based forums which TC is not. To get TC to have a special smart phone interface would require some in depth coding from Hanford which may be on his "to do" list but is probably not near the top. We can certainly keep hoping though.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2013-04-19 10:56 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 10:20 pm   Permalink

I too primarily interact with TC through iPhone and iPad. This will only become more and more prevalent as time goes on.

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-23 12:16 am   Permalink

I was hoping for a direct neural interface, wireless of course
with an option to stimulate sense areas of the brain
which I could set in preferences, Your other suggestions are primitive....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation