FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Central iPhone app? Why not?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Central iPhone app? Why not?
TikiTeddie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 3 days ago; 1:11 pm   Permalink

New to this great place and get the feeling I might have missed its heyday but alas times change I guess.

I have no problem viewing TC on my iphone and use that as much as the desktop to search and post here.

One thing I sort of wondered about is a lack of a social area in this forum...sort of like a Tiki Diner for people that are just hanging out in the forum, a place to just say hi, introduce yourself, etc. I know this forum is more of repository of information and a great learning place but is there any sort of social section that I did not find?

View Profile of TikiTeddie Send a personal message to TikiTeddie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 3 days ago; 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-03-27 13:11, TikiTeddie wrote:
is there any sort of social section that I did not find?

The closest thing to a social section is TikiSHOUT! at the bottom of the front page. But it's not near as active as it used to be.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 3 days ago; 2:52 pm   Permalink

Hi TikiFreddie and welcome to Tiki Central. No, there isn't really a "social" area of TC. There is a New Members Introduction thread but it doesn't get much response. There is an Ohana area for birthdays and such. SHOUT! at the bottom of the main page can be used for "drive-by" conversations. If you post a general comment or question someone will probably respond in a day or so. Most of the interaction takes place within the Locating, Collecting, Food and Drink, or Creating Tiki areas among people interested in those specific topics.

As far as the question about updating TC, here is a recent post from Hanford on another thread. (Weird, it would not let me copy and paste the text here)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation