FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar!
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 10:33 am   Permalink

Wow.... you really copied that lamp well from the images in that thread.

Its pretty much dead on.

John, You are teaching the next lamp day LOL.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 3:58 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, you are the Zen Master! You are the one that enlightens us.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 08:49 am   Permalink

The Tapa Cloth with your molding is bad ass.

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-04 10:33, Monkeyman wrote:
Wow.... you really copied that lamp well from the images in that thread.

Its pretty much dead on.

John, You are teaching the next lamp day LOL.

the next lamp day, how bout teaching the next "How to do molding"day?? wow awesome job!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 11:31 am   Permalink

How did you hang the Tapa? Glue, staples?

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 5:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-05 09:47, Pele Paul wrote:

the next lamp day, how bout teaching the next "How to do molding"day?? wow awesome job!!

Hi Pele Paul, Thank you for the complement but it was Monkeyman that got me started. It was through his instruction, using his tools and seeing what the others were doing that day that gave me the confidence to do it. Also, I own some carving done by Leroy Schmaltz that has helped as well.

If you haven't seen Monkeyman's "South Pacific Room" you should check it out:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=35684&forum=20&start=90

Here are some more progress pictures.

Here is a picture of the wall almost completed. I decided to not have the trim carving go to the ceiling. Some day I'm going to do some type of treatment to the ceiling and I don't want to hide it.

The unstained wood is going to have a different pattern carved into it.

I like your quote - "You cant contain Tiki to one room! Once the Jeanie is out of the bottle, there's no putting it back !! slowly my tiki stuff has taken over the whole house, backyard and front yard, like a fine fungus!!

Tomorrow I'll post a story about how tiki has moved to another part of my house.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2013-06-07 10:01 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 5:55 pm   Permalink

Longboard, I did a lot of research on how I should hang tapa and after I rejected most I just nailed it to the wall with the carved trim. I also have it attached with the metal plate that holds the canoe as well. I found this to be the best way for me. If I ever move I can take it with me.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 6:33 pm   Permalink

Very nice work! looking good, But you need to loose that couch.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:11 am   Permalink

Pele Paul,

Here is why your quote makes sense: - You can't contain Tiki to one room! Once the Gene is out of the bottle, there's no putting it back !! Slowly my tiki stuff has taken over the whole house, backyard and front yard, like a fine fungus!!

Not to long ago I added a few tiki items to the restroom, around the corner from the Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar.

A light switch, Longboard beer sign and some vintage pictures of my parents fishing in Mexico.

The hall takes you to the back yard. After the restroom decor, it wasn't much longer that I was in the back yard and this appeared.

A 36" concrete Moai that weighs about 200 lbs.

Before I knew what was happening a rock appeared.

... and then another!

Soon the rocks were stacked creating a structure.

Then like a bog, water started to bubble up from out of the ground.

Flowers and grasses started to appear.

Tomorrow, the rest of the story.

~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2013-06-07 21:10 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 12:03 pm   Permalink

Spontaneous landscaping, nice & you can never have to many Moai....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-06 3:46 pm   Permalink

Wow! That tiki and rocks and flora just appearing in your backyard! Just I suspected, the tiki exerts a powerful and mysterious force over the natural world. Maybe Tiki Central should be registered as a new religion. Do you think we could claim tax exemption? If so I'm in. I'll be the Arch Bishop of Australia.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 7:11 pm   Permalink

Tease! Can't wait to see what you did outside. Like what I see so far.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 8:57 pm   Permalink

Dale, I wasn't trying to tease you. I had to stop because I had to go to work.

To continue the story:

As the water began to flow over the rocks, water falls were created.

A stream was created emptying into a small pool of river rocks at the bottom.

What is most interesting about this tiki landscape is that it is extremely alive at sunrise and sundown.

In the morning steam comes off the surface as if it were lava, cooling as it flows into the sea.

In the evening the water turns bright red as if Pele herself, is spewing hot lava from the volcano.

Sometimes I wonder what this Moai is thinking.

Maybe Robb Hamel could make a black velvet painting of him.

What tiki experience will appear next? I don't know but I do know its time to head for the deck to have a Mai Tai with my friends!

~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2013-06-07 21:13 ]

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-08 5:42 pm   Permalink

Awesome tikiscape!

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-08 9:20 pm   Permalink

jimsflies, thanks!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation