FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar!
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 06:12 am   Permalink

Great job with the waterfall and landscaping. Feels very calming just looking at the pics and I'm sure the sound must be wonderful.

Thanks for the pics.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-06-09 09:25 am   Permalink

Wow...you are doing an awesome job...your place is really looking classy!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-23 11:45 pm   Permalink

Marlene, This is a little late but thank you for the classy comment. I am trying to create an oceanic art look. This post also gives me a chance to thank you again for the work you did on the Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl. I met some wonderful people and gained some new experiences.

Dale, thank you for your landscaping comments.

I also realized that I never posted a picture of the finished tapa light. I would have never built this if I hadn't visited Monkeyman's South Pacific Room.

When I started building these two rooms I never realized how important the lighting would be. I discovered the use of low voltage spotlights and how they can accent the art.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-31 12:07 am   Permalink

Here are a few more spotlights:

I added these for the two smaller tikis:

I found a wooden keg on Ebay for the Koa Marquesian Tiki.

and for the Wailua King Tiki I found a wooden crate on Etsy.

It had stamped on it Lemon Hart & Sons Rum.

The stamp was on the inside so I took the side off and turned it around.

Here is a picture of the Wailua King when he first arrived. I took him skiing with me.

This is my next project putting bamboo on the lower wall.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-01-01 11:48 am   Permalink

You are doing a fabulous job!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-01 8:23 pm   Permalink

VampiressRN, thank you.

It was at the home tiki bar "Walls of Voodoo," during the Sacramento CAP CITY TIKI CRAWL, that I was inspired to use bamboo fence on the wall. Here's a picture of the wall, from the crawl, with my new friend!

I had no idea how to do this. It seems like you would just staple it to the wall but the weight would make it tough to hang even. Since the room is already finished with a baseboard and wood trim running under the window, I couldn't rest the bamboo on the floor. Also, I didn't want to take out the baseboard. I came up with this idea of hanging a sleeve for the bamboo.

When the bamboo fence arrived I was disappointed at first.

I ordered it from Home Depot. The price seemed right and the shipping was free. I thought all the poles would be somewhat uniform in color but they weren't.

Since I had a few extra feet I found that it wasn't to difficult to switch out the undesirable poles.

As it turns out I actually like having some poles green, yellow and brown. It makes it look more primitive. It even goes better with the color of the carpet and adds a different texture to the room.

~ Adam Troy

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 09:08 am   Permalink

Looks really nice. Keep up the good work

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-06 8:20 pm   Permalink

Thank's Monkeyman.

------------------------

Here's the top sleeve nailed.

For the outlets I cut out sections and then inserted remodel outlet box extensions.

Here's the bottom sleeve nailed with the outlet covers.

Next a sea grass braid is added.

Here is the before picture:

and the after.

~ Adam Troy

kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 10:33 am   Permalink

Night and day difference! Looking great.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 7:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks kkocka, it makes me realize that I need to keep going and do some kind of treatment for the rest of the walls and ceiling. Its funny how the more you put into your tiki bar the more you realize that the project is never really done.

~ Adam Troy

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 8:21 pm   Permalink

Your place looks very nice. Love how you have decorated it. Great job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-09 8:37 pm   Permalink

Alright, this forum is giving my house an inferiority complex.
Looking good!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-10 08:38 am   Permalink

Awesome work! Wall treatments look fantastic and the spotlights are a great touch (I need to find some for my own bar). Tapa light is a great touch, and huge score on the Lemon Hart crate!

Forgot to mention, the waterfall and landscaping is epic as well. Inspired stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-01-10 08:54 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 10:02 pm   Permalink

hiltiki and bamalamalu thank you for your comments.

Tikiano - I really like my Lemon Hart and Son's crate. My favorite Mai Tai is the one in Frankie's Liquid Vacation. I use Lemon Hart 151.

I'm working on another wall in the room and I'll have more pictures when I'm done.

~ Adam Troy

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-29 7:58 pm   Permalink

Time for wall no. 2.

Add some black bamboo, Lauhala matting and tapa.

Some bamboo prep.

Before I can put up the bamboo I need to do the ceiling first. Putting on a new color to go behind the bamboo reed.

Next distressing the supports for the ceiling.

~ Adam Troy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation