FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Inspiration Point - San Pedro, CA (progress)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Inspiration Point - San Pedro, CA (progress)
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 5:26 pm   Permalink

Very cool! Love the eclectic mix of stuff.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-25 12:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the aloha, friends!

Bongo - Thanks for the comps! I guess one can never have too much flotsam and jetsam...and if I do, then I give it away! Keeping the booze indoors is a wise suggestion..as it will hopefully keep the alcoholic skunks away as well!

TLB - the shipwreck theme is exactly what I was going for! So you're the one who gets the floats before me along the coast?? The flotsam is still there..you just need to know when and where to go as there are quite a few combers in this area! I love this area too! Super rich in nautical heritage...and the inspirational beachcombing legacy of the Hedleys!

Thank you Arriano!

Tikiskip - thank you for that! I think I need to add a TS lamp to the ceiling! Your style is perfect for inspiration point!

BigK - thanks, my MA brethren!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-29 04:26 am   Permalink

great to see an update to this thread and just... WOW, as I expected, its over the top awesomeness and - to be obvious - inspirational!!!

now where's those time lapse progress pics???

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-30 1:43 pm   Permalink

uh, that's definitely the most awesome garage i've ever seen!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 09:10 am   Permalink

thats an awesome awesome work space!!!!! looks better than my tiki bar!!Great, now Ive got inspiration to re-do my garage and work space lol!!! wont the GF be happy to hear more tiki stuff is going in the garage now too!!
really too cool bro, Im always down in San Pedro at Ft. MacAurthur maybe we've covered the same ground lol
Paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 5:39 pm   Permalink

Yeah Jim, you pretty much rule.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 11:43 am   Permalink

Thanks for stopping by, friends!

Harro - thank you!! Time lapse is coming...I just need to complete a few more things to the back yard before I can release them. Should be cool tho!!

BigT - thanks! When we bought the house, I had a major choice to make about the garage - will it be devoted to a workshop and inspiration corner (and storage too), or will I keep and fix up my 1956 landrover I had. I decided (through a little trial and error) that I sucked at working at cars, but I seem to be okay with wood.

Pele Paul - your backyard is awesome!! Down 'Pedro way quite a bit, huh? I'm sure we have. You also combing the beaches for goodies? Thanks for the comps!!

Matty - right back atcha. Lava lounge is the beez-kneez and major source of inspiration. Plus, you're a swell guy.

More updates soon!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha tiki peeps! I thought I would add some new pics to the ol' Inspiration Point thread here on my lurking paradise of TC!

I've worked out a lot of the lighting and added quite a bit more to the little space. Let's check it out:

From the corner of IP, looking towards the rattan screen - behind that is the workshop

CU of wall with life ring logo

Another CU

Corner opposite the couch

Corner CU of flotsam and what not. Plus a little of this and that.

CU or corner

Nautical wall

From couch looking back towards the garage door. The hutch holds the mug collection, but haven't figured out how to get electricity in there yet. The screen covers regular garage stuff.

Looking towards the workshop (note the bamboo and whatnot on the wall)

Not so well lit, but the workshop area

CU of workshop side looking over to the rest of Inspiration Point

Final CU of workshop area

I hope you've enjoyed your tour of Inspiration Point!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 11:15 pm   Permalink

I wish my garage looked that good!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 07:41 am   Permalink

Damn that's nice!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 07:52 am   Permalink

Looks awesome Polynesiac!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 08:06 am   Permalink

Wow, What a show off!

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 08:20 am   Permalink

One of my favorite places to tour on TC. Great job!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 09:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-22 13:29, Polynesiac wrote:

Here is the "inspiration" corner.

I think everyone should have a place like that for "Inspiration."

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 7:01 pm   Permalink

Love it! Nicely done!!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation