FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-23 09:37 am   Permalink

I was talking with a friend of mine who works at the Disneyland Gallery & Disneyana on Main St. and she said the Disney Gallery will have a cool exhibit to honor the 50th anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room!! It most likely will be right near the 50th ann. month. Right now, they have a train exhibit, next is a castle display, then probably the Tiki exhibit! Disneyland will most certainly be releasing some VERY cool merchandise as they did in 2008 for the 45th! I'll keep everyone posted on what I hear, event & merchandise wise! And if anyone else learns anything, please add to the thread.

[ This Message was edited by: Enchanted Tiki Guy 2012-05-27 22:25 ]

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-23 09:52 am   Permalink

ENCHANTING

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mariner
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-24 2:52 pm   Permalink

I kicked myself for missing out in 2008. I won't be making that mistake again!
It's so nice to see Disney keeping the South Seas/Tiki atmosphere going.

View Profile of Mariner Send a personal message to Mariner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-24 9:43 pm   Permalink

Sweet! Can't wait to find out more info!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-27 10:32 pm   Permalink

More info on 50th Tiki room anniversary! Last week my castmember friend met Shag in the Disney Gallery who was chatting with the head of merchandising about potential Enchanted Tiki Room merchandise for the upcoming 50th! Also, the next Gallery display will definitly be castles, then a Fantasyland display, and then finally the 50th Tiki Room exhibit for Spring/Summer of 2013! I'm glad I got some more info to post about what should be a great celebration of our beloved Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-28 08:52 am   Permalink

Awesome......I've loved the Disneyland Art Gallery for years.....I like the fact that they switch out the exhibits as often as they do and a Tiki Room exhibit will be a great exhibit....

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-17 2:33 pm   Permalink

Update on Tiki Room display: The castle display is now up at the Gallery and a cast member said that after castles is the Tiki Room exhibit, then a princess display after that. He said Disney didn't want to do a similar display too close together. If there is any other news I hear, I'll post.

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-19 6:06 pm   Permalink

that is awesome news. Makes my day.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 4:46 pm   Permalink

As of right now, I've been told the Enchanted Tiki Room exhibit will take place after the current castle display. There won't be a princess display. And after the Tiki Room, there will be a Haunted Mansion exhibit! Yipee!

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 4:57 pm   Permalink

At Art of Disney Parks/collections, there is now a Save the Date posting about the Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary merchandise event! It's June 28th thru June 30th, 2013 at DLR! Check it out! See you all there!

tikilongbeach

Posted: 2012-09-11 5:46 pm   Permalink

They made the anniversary during Southern California Passport blockout dates.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2012-09-11 18:09 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2012-09-11 5:57 pm   Permalink

http://collections.disney.go.com/blog/save-the-date-walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room/

We invite you to Save the Date, June 28 – 30, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. This special merchandise event is set to include themed Tiki and Polynesian style merchandise as well as trading elements. Please continue to watch the Disney Parks Blog and ArtofDisneyParks.com for more information in the near future.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-01-04 06:04 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-11 17:57, tikilongbeach wrote:
http://collections.disney.go.com/blog/save-the-date-walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room/

Excellent, thanks for the update! I'm keenly interested in seeing who the featured artist will be for the 50th (SHAG maybe?).

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 10:19 am   Permalink

I posted earlier in this topic that yes, Shag is definitely creating Tiki Room 50th merchandise. I hope Kevin Kidney & Jody Daily are going to create some more goodies as well!

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 2:09 pm   Permalink

I saw one of the pictures Shag created for the anniversary. It shows a person holding a Dole Whip. There is no reference to Dole but the attorneys said he had to take it out of the picture. Shag said if he has to take it out, Disney can't have the picture. The attorneys gave in. Shag said it wouldn't be the Enchanted Tiki Room without a Dole Whip.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation