FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-08 09:36 am   Permalink

I would really like a "the birds sing" print (one of the $40 ones). If someone is willing to get one for me I will be happy to throw in a $20 on top, plus shipping - and paypal you money in advance. PM me.

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-08 1:46 pm   Permalink

June 23 - 27, 2013-In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room, Annual Passholders can receive a special recreation of the 1963 Enchanted Tiki Room brochure, available while supplies last, which includes the original graphics and even a special message from Walt Disney.

Disneyland: Enchanted Tiki Room – 50th Anniversary Souvenir

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 09:56 am   Permalink

Has everyone gotten an email about their RSP? My friend got his RSP email several days ago, but I still have not yet received any such email. Nothing at all? Wondering if they are staggering the RSP's? Or, does this mean I'm just SOL? (Even for the open edition items?)
I can't be the only one who hasn't received and RSP merchandise email yet, right?

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJaxx
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 11:51 am   Permalink

The wife and I received our RSP on the 5th. We received everything on our lists which was a real surprise. We have duplicates of some items and we even won the Doug Horne "In the Tiki Room" original! Awesome!!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiJaxx 2013-06-20 11:23 ]

View Profile of TikiJaxx Send a personal message to TikiJaxx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 08:44 am   Permalink

Congrats TikiJaxx!

I'm really excited about being a part of this Disney celebration.

I've been signing canvas and paper prints for the limited editions and I'll be signing prints at the event on June 29th.

I have two originals hanging in the gallery show, see below.

Looking forward to hanging out with my Tiki friends on the 29th! See ya soon!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:07 am   Permalink

Awesome Doug,

I have to say that your pieces above are the few things
For the event that I like.
Great vibe on those.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:52 am   Permalink

Dig that Pele, man!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:54 am   Permalink

Great work, Doug!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 1:28 pm   Permalink

Remember Doug, if Disney needs a costume mascot for the event, that is tiki-themed. You know who to call

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 1:38 pm   Permalink

I must.....concur!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-12 13:28, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Remember Doug, if Disney needs a costume mascot for the event, that is tiki-themed. You know who to call

How fast can you put together a Pele? lol

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 10:35 am   Permalink

Just a quick mention here for anyone that cannot make the event, or even get to Disneyland, anytime soon. You can call and purchase and have shipped to you any merchandise from the park. I think the only restriction is limited edition pieces, they wait until after the event, then whatever is left is free game. The service is:

Disneyland DelivEARS 1-800-362-4533

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-06-20 10:15 am   Permalink

From the Disney parks blog. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/category/disneyland-resort/

June 30: A little birdie told me the new name for the exhibit opening in The Disney Gallery on Main Street, U.S.A., is “Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Realms, Celebrating 50 Years of Enchantment.” So make sure you fly by to see the newest pieces on display from Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as a selection of original and limited-edition artwork from Disney-inspired artists. You may recall that the Disneyana Shop closed its doors a couple of months ago; however, it has made its way down the street and will be taking up residence in the Bank of Main Street Building on July 1.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-06-20 10:23 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-06-20 10:19 am   Permalink

Disney video introducing the Enchanted Tiki Room gods. This was also on the Disney blog page.

With the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room coming up this Sunday, June 23, I wanted to take a few minutes for you to meet some friends of mine. I’ve spent many an afternoon sharing a Dole Whip and friendly conversation with these wooden residents of the garden outside the Enchanted Tiki Room, watching them come to life and introduce themselves. Let’s meet the Tiki gods of the Enchanted Tiki Garden:

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8M0POgm0uv0#at=24

•Pele: This Hawaiian fire goddess lives in the Kilauea volcano and likes to torment her neighbor …

•Ngendei: from Fiji, he is the creator of all the gods. He’s also got a big job as balancer of the whole world. That pressure combined with the torment he suffers from Pele – it’s no wonder there’s an earthquake every time he moves.

•Maui: The Polynesian trickster who gave people time and roped the playful Sun.

•Rongo: The Polynesian god of agriculture, also known as Lono in Hawai`i, is also the provider of food. He also discovered electricity, naturally.

•Koro: The Midnight Dancer, under whose spell all ladies and men learned to dance.

•Tangaroa-ru: Also known as Mapui-Kaufanga in Maori tales, she is goddess of the east winds, which bring rain.

•Hina Kaluua: This Hawaiian mistress of rain, from Hilo, Hawai`i, keeps it in the family – her daughter, Hina, is the mother of the trickster, Maui.

•Tangaroa: The father of all gods and goddesses, he took the form of a tree (a tree that no one ever did see).
While these Tiki carvings were based on legends of the South Pacific, a few of our own Disney Legends worked on the Tiki gods you find in the Enchanted Tiki Garden. They were primarily designed by Imagineers Marc Davis and Rolly Crump. The plaques and dialogue were written by Marty Sklar, who went on to become vice chairman and principal creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-24 3:27 pm   Permalink

Disneyland celebrated the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room on Sunday, June 23rd.

Annual Passholders were able to obtain this replica of the original brochure from 1963 describing the new attraction to park guests.

Also, the Dole Whip Stand had a limited number of themed sipper cups which they sold Pineapple Juice in.

I also noted that they seemed to have 'spruced up' the Enchanted Tiki Garden (pre-show area)with some new sun shades with a more tiki / tapa feel to them. The previous sun shades were a plain fabric.

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation