FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-13 08:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-12 14:09, MaukaHale wrote:
Shag said it wouldn't be the Enchanted Tiki Room without a Dole Whip.

Dole Whip at Disneyland is one thing. But Dole Whip at the Dole Pineapple Plantation on Oahu can be an entirely different animal. They offer a big size which comes in a length-wise half of a pineapple as a "bowl" with three huge towers (6" high each) of Dole Whip. The pineapple "bowl" is filled with chunks of fresh pineapple from when they hollwed out the bowl. So imagine Dole Whip with chunks of fresh pineapple in Hawaii. I think they also put whipped cream, nuts, and other toppings on it. It's huge and very tasty in the warm Hawaiian sun. Somewhere I have a photo of me holding the whole thing up.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-15 09:08 am   Permalink

Bonus: June 28-20 dates do not intersect with The Hukilau's dates of June 6-9

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-15 2:37 pm   Permalink

Way back in "small kid time" my family visited the Dole Cannery near Honolulu (home of the iconic pineapple water tower). They had a water fountain that produced ice cold pineapple juice. It BLEW MY MIND. I bet I drank a quart of juice out of that thing!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-17 09:18 am   Permalink

Yes, I remember something like that on my very first trip to the islands in 1991, but it was more of a wall-mounted spigot instead of a drinking fountain. The juice sure tasted good... That was the trip when I also came to know the word "ginaca" for the big machines that took whole pineapples and did the coring and stripping of the outer layer. That makes for a great trivia question when you're sitting around and drinking stuff with pineapple ingredients or when I show people my VacuVin corer set.

Sadly the big Dole factory is not in existence anymore. But they still maintain some fields at the visitor center complex outside of Honolulu for the really nice-looking mail-order and gift pineapples.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-04 06:16 am   Permalink

I voted to move this to California events.

In West Hollywood there is a place called Whipp'd LA that sells Dole Whip Soft Serve and Blue Bell Ice Cream if you're from Texas. They even deliver if you live or work in WeHo. I haven't been yet so I can't say whether it tastes the same as Disneyland or not.
I wonder how many leather/S&M types were disappointed when they realized it was an ice cream stand?

www.whippdsoftserve.com

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilaueakyd

Posted: 2013-01-18 12:01 am   Permalink

Can anyone share anymore info on the Enchanted Tiki Room 50th? What are these merchandising events like to attend. Do you have to camp out at the gates to get anything?

View Profile of Kilaueakyd Send a personal message to Kilaueakyd  Email Kilaueakyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-01-18 02:09 am   Permalink

Here is a youtube video of the merchandise line for the 45th anniversary. The temps in June can be warm to hot.
June 28 30 will be very busy at Disneyland!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3dtwr9e7g

This is the link for Disneyland/California Adventure tickets. Cal Adventure is definitely worth a visit.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 08:53 am   Permalink

HOLY CARP!

Makes me appreciate even more whomever it was that was kind enough to get me a Pele mug from, the 40th, was it?

Wow.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-18 02:09, tikilongbeach wrote:
Here is a youtube video of the merchandise line for the 45th anniversary. The temps in June can be warm to hot.
June 28 30 will be very busy at Disneyland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3dtwr9e7g

Yea the line was hella-long, but at least it did not move for two hours straight because they were waiting for truck to arrive to restock...sigh.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 10:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-18 08:53, Hale Tiki wrote:
HOLY CARP!

Makes me appreciate even more whomever it was that was kind enough to get me a Pele mug from, the 40th, was it?

Wow.

No it was not made specifically for the 40th, though it did come out just after that (2004 I believe). The 40th merchandise was branded as such.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 11:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-04 06:16, tikilongbeach wrote:
I voted to move this to California events.

In West Hollywood there is a place called Whipp'd LA that sells Dole Whip Soft Serve and Blue Bell Ice Cream if you're from Texas. They even deliver if you live or work in WeHo. I haven't been yet so I can't say whether it tastes the same as Disneyland or not.
I wonder how many leather/S&M types were disappointed when they realized it was an ice cream stand?
http://www.whippdsoftserve.com

Isn't that(BD/SM) more of a Silverlake thing?

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilaueakyd

Posted: 2013-01-18 11:31 am   Permalink

So camping overnight is a possibility. Do they limit people on how much they can buy? Any ideas on that?

View Profile of Kilaueakyd Send a personal message to Kilaueakyd  Email Kilaueakyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-18 2:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-18 11:31, Kilaueakyd wrote:
So camping overnight is a possibility. Do they limit people on how much they can buy? Any ideas on that?

No, you cannot camp at the front gate. But you don't need to, just get there early. It's not like every person there is going to be after Tiki Room merch. For every event I've been to, there is a limit of two of of any item per person. So you can get as many different items as you want (or can carry), but only two of each of them.

Kilaueakyd

Posted: 2013-01-18 8:17 pm   Permalink

I am thinking Shag will be making us all a nice Tiki mug to add to our collections. Does anyone have any more news on SHAG being a part of the weekend?

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-21 2:06 pm   Permalink

Boy, that was one loooonggg line in 2008! And a hot day to boot! Then we found out the fountains were not available after a certain amount were sold, but Disney sent them later with no problems. I go to the park often, so if I hear anything about the event, I'll post!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation