FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 11, 2003
Posts: 661
From: Long Beach
Posted: 2013-07-01 2:03 pm   Permalink



Does anyone know if the Shag Koro Aloha shirt is still available? I noticed this was an open edition, but I can't find it at the online store. thanks!


 
View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Abe Lugo
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Mar 25, 2013
Posts: 21
Posted: 2013-07-01 2:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-01 14:03, tiki-riviera wrote:


Does anyone know if the Shag Koro Aloha shirt is still available? I noticed this was an open edition, but I can't find it at the online store. thanks!



I ordered it this morning from the Disney number, you cannot get it online. I bought 2 both a XL and L incase one doesn't fit. The guy said if you wear XL to get and L, I told him I'd try it out and figure it out then. Might be my trading foder later on. Even them they have to check it if is available or sold out at the park. The person on the line didn't say weather or not stuff was sold out yet.

He did say there was a special framed print and Shag mug for those who paid for the highest package.


 
View Profile of Abe Lugo Send a personal message to Abe Lugo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 14, 2008
Posts: 128
From: West Hollywood, CA
Posted: 2013-07-01 2:35 pm   Permalink

The only sizes the Disneyana/gallery had left from the event were XL & XXL. They told me the other sizes should be restocked soon as these are open edition.

 
View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 15, 2012
Posts: 205
From: Orange County, CA
Posted: 2013-07-01 3:12 pm   Permalink

Event was fine. Decore was fun. The panel discussions were great, even though it was the same line-up of speakers all three times. But Rollie and Bob were entertaining enough for the two times I sat through the panels (hearing some different stories,etc.) The event was very pin-trader centric. They had a bunch of silent auctions, but EVERYTHING was pins. I thought they might have some Kidney/Daily exclusives or other artist works, or even pieces of the decor made specifically for this 50th event that can't really be re-used. But, alas, only pic packages up for auction.

The highlight, aside from some cool merch, was getting to meet artists in person. Everyone was enthusiastic and warm and for the most part there for the entire day.

For those of us without Park passes and limited availability to spend a day in the Park, the $85 was a fair trade off in order to pick up the merch we wanted to buy, and to be able to get seemingly anything we wanted without having to get into the Park. Even some of the mugs, bowls, etc were already pre-signed, so there was no "Sophie's Choice" about which items to have the artists sign (they only signed two pieces per person, during the signing.)

My regret - I still can't get my hands on one of those souvenir sipper "mugs" they sold pineapple juice in at the Dole Juice Bar at the Tiki Room last weekend. I haven't even seen any show up on ebay! ; )


 
View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Abe Lugo
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Mar 25, 2013
Posts: 21
Posted: 2013-07-01 3:25 pm   Permalink

So if I'm reading this correctly the 85.00 got you in to buy stuff without to buy a park ticket? I really didn't get that from the original Disney website (had a few things planned already anyhow. I may have gone then, o well, maybe in ten years or 5 at that! I actually like the gallery poster in the link posted in the last page. I got most of what I wanted through mail order.

Quote:

On 2013-07-01 15:12, finky099 wrote:
Event was fine. Decore was fun. The panel discussions were great, even though it was the same line-up of speakers all three times. But Rollie and Bob were entertaining enough for the two times I sat through the panels (hearing some different stories,etc.) The event was very pin-trader centric. They had a bunch of silent auctions, but EVERYTHING was pins. I thought they might have some Kidney/Daily exclusives or other artist works, or even pieces of the decor made specifically for this 50th event that can't really be re-used. But, alas, only pic packages up for auction.

The highlight, aside from some cool merch, was getting to meet artists in person. Everyone was enthusiastic and warm and for the most part there for the entire day.

For those of us without Park passes and limited availability to spend a day in the Park, the $85 was a fair trade off in order to pick up the merch we wanted to buy, and to be able to get seemingly anything we wanted without having to get into the Park. Even some of the mugs, bowls, etc were already pre-signed, so there was no "Sophie's Choice" about which items to have the artists sign (they only signed two pieces per person, during the signing.)

My regret - I still can't get my hands on one of those souvenir sipper "mugs" they sold pineapple juice in at the Dole Juice Bar at the Tiki Room last weekend. I haven't even seen any show up on ebay! ; )



 
View Profile of Abe Lugo Send a personal message to Abe Lugo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Dec 30, 2012
Posts: 59
From: Los Angeles
Posted: 2013-07-01 6:32 pm   Permalink

So does anyone know if the two tiki mugs are still around and where in the park? Price tag?

 
View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 3138
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
Posted: 2013-07-01 6:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-01 18:32, tikijackskeleton wrote:
So does anyone know if the two tiki mugs are still around and where in the park? Price tag?



The Disneyana Store (Right next to Great Moments with President Lincoln) is where you will find everything for sale. They had the mugs today


 
View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 671
From: Oregon
Posted: 2013-07-02 02:39 am   Permalink

Do they still have the giant Pele and Uti statues for sale, and can you call to order them? How much are they going for?
Anyone know?


 
View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 3138
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
Posted: 2013-07-02 07:28 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-07-02 02:39, tigertail777 wrote:
Do they still have the giant Pele and Uti statues for sale, and can you call to order them? How much are they going for?
Anyone know?
[/quote

Yes they still have the statues for sale at The Disneyana Store. They are $99 a piece.


 
View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 3138
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
Posted: 2013-07-02 07:29 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-07-02 02:39, tigertail777 wrote:
Do they still have the giant Pele and Uti statues for sale, and can you call to order them? How much are they going for?
Anyone know?
[/quote

Yes they still have the statues for sale at The Disneyana Store. They are $99 a piece.


 
View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VinylGeek
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Oct 31, 2012
Posts: 20
From: Santa Cruz, CA
Posted: 2013-07-02 12:51 pm   Permalink

Just a head's up, both of the mugs are sold out and they have no idea when more will be shipped, but there were plenty of the Rongo bowls and the party bowls when I looked late last night.
On a side note, was anyone else disappointed by the quality of the Rongo bowl?
_________________


 View Profile of VinylGeek Send a personal message to VinylGeek  Email VinylGeek Goto the website of VinylGeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Dec 30, 2012
Posts: 59
From: Los Angeles
Posted: 2013-07-02 1:55 pm   Permalink

Wait, does that imply that they will get more in? I know it's open edition and all. Gah, being blacked out on SoCal select pass and wanting the Pele Mug is never a good thing.

 
View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 14, 2008
Posts: 128
From: West Hollywood, CA
Posted: 2013-07-02 1:58 pm   Permalink

I wasn't very impressed with the new Rongo bowl for $49.95. I like the brown one they did for the 45th in 2008 a lot better! I passed on this one. LOVE the mugs though! I can see why they already sold out, but they'll certainly restock soon. I'm going this friday, so I'll report on what's left.

 
View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VinylGeek
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Oct 31, 2012
Posts: 20
From: Santa Cruz, CA
Posted: 2013-07-02 3:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-02 13:55, tikijackskeleton wrote:
Wait, does that imply that they will get more in? I know it's open edition and all. Gah, being blacked out on SoCal select pass and wanting the Pele Mug is never a good thing.


Yes, the guy at Disneyana (former Disney Gallery location) said they will get more mugs, he just couldn't give me a date.
_________________


 View Profile of VinylGeek Send a personal message to VinylGeek  Email VinylGeek Goto the website of VinylGeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VinylGeek
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Oct 31, 2012
Posts: 20
From: Santa Cruz, CA
Posted: 2013-07-02 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-02 13:58, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
I wasn't very impressed with the new Rongo bowl for $49.95. I like the brown one they did for the 45th in 2008 a lot better! I passed on this one. LOVE the mugs though! I can see why they already sold out, but they'll certainly restock soon. I'm going this friday, so I'll report on what's left.


Ah, good to know I'm not the only one. Looking forward to your report
_________________


 View Profile of VinylGeek Send a personal message to VinylGeek  Email VinylGeek Goto the website of VinylGeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation