FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 4:12 pm   Permalink

Just an observation:
But the emphasis on acquiring merchandise here seems to be bordering on the obsessive (hoarding)
and why is so much of the "Disney" merchandise going straight to eBay?

and this is coming from a collector, myself......

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-02 5:09 pm   Permalink

I called the Disney Parks Merchandise number twice, and both people didn't know of any products!!! I bought the 50th Anniversary shirt on line though.

I echo Atomic Tiki Punk ... ebay is full of resale items.

Does anyone know where (or if there still are any left) one can purchase the Shag giclees/prints "Welcome to our tropical hideaway" or "the birds sing"

What were those going for retail at the event? ... would rather buy from Disney direct and avoid fattening up someone's wallet.

Mahalo

View Profile of Hanalei Tiki Send a personal message to Hanalei Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-02 16:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Just an observation:
But the emphasis on acquiring merchandise here seems to be bordering on the obsessive (hoarding)
and why is so much of the "Disney" merchandise going straight to eBay?

and this is coming from a collector, myself......

Thar's money in them thar Disney tikis!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 7:46 pm   Permalink

The Tropical Hideaway gilcee was $400 (not including tax, which is 8 1/2%) at the event. Not sure about the other one...

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Abe Lugo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-02 10:03 pm   Permalink

I only obsessed over getting the couple things for a Tiki themed room I'm working on. The main thing for me was not to pay scalper prices on ebay. And yes those people are scalping, its one thing to buy something and it doesnt fit then resell it, another thing to double, triple the prices.
The giclee for the " birds sin" was 325.00 you can still see the catalog if you google disney 50th tiki event and follow the link.

View Profile of Abe Lugo Send a personal message to Abe Lugo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 10:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-02 16:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
and why is so much of the "Disney" merchandise going straight to eBay?...

Oh ATP, all you need is a little "Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust"...

Welcome to the Collective...

"Resistance is Futile"

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 07:44 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-03 09:16 am   Permalink

No, no, no John-O! Disney is the EVIL EMPIRE. Don't go mixing up your Star Trek and Star Wars.
And why is Tinker Bell wearing a purple dress? She always wears green.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-07-03 09:20 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 10:03 am   Permalink

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the TikiTraveler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-03 10:09 am   Permalink

Everyone chill.....I have it on GOOD authority that many of the "TIKI" merch. will be available as "open Availability' for awhile...let's give them a chance to restock (if needed)...besides 'Greediness' is NOT next to'TIKINESS'....and 'rum is always just around the corner'. Aloha

View Profile of the TikiTraveler Send a personal message to the TikiTraveler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Abe Lugo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-03 11:11 am   Permalink

Guys,
here is the link for the catalog, it sucks there is no SKU numbers. If you refer to the what it is like shirt and price, they can search their system.

Just so you know "The Birds Sing" print is called "Serande" in the computer, They do still have Giclees available- those are the 325.00 ones. I would have gotten it if was a Serigraph not Giclee.
The 40.00 print is going to get restocked.

Numbered editions is what will sell out and ot be remade- thus making it limited. You can order those through mail order also.

I was called today to be told that the shirts and prints sold out Monday, same day I called in my order. They said the will be getting more Open Edition items soon. So I just left my order open.

catalog link
http://www.disneynow.com/accounts/register123/subaccount/merchandise/merchdlr/events/dlrmerchtiki50th/Final_Tiki_50th_catalog.pdf?CMP=SOC-DPFY13Q2WaltDisneysEnchantedTikiRoom50thAnniversaryEventattheDisneylandResortMerchandiseUpdate000302-04-13

[ This Message was edited by: abe lugo 2013-07-03 12:02 ]

View Profile of Abe Lugo Send a personal message to Abe Lugo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-03 11:35 am   Permalink

Hello fellow tikiphiles, Mahalo for providing some perspective, much appreciated.

View Profile of Hanalei Tiki Send a personal message to Hanalei Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-03 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-03 07:44, Joe Banks wrote:

That photo gets me raring to go! We'll see what they have left in stock on Friday!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-03 6:14 pm   Permalink

I called the Disney Merchandise number (877) 560-6477 this afternoon, and was able to get everything I wanted.

There are very few of the "Tropical Hideaway" and "Bird Sings" giclees left. I spoke with someone at the Shag store, and if ever they were able to do a release in the future, it would likely be artist proofs and a lot more than Disney is selling them.

They also had mugs, aloha shirts, and the resin statues.

Have patience, Disney said the Tiki Room stuff will be available ... Take that scalpers!

Cargo Cult Leader

Posted: 2013-07-04 2:38 pm   Permalink

Yeah don't take my word for it but the impression I got from them was that once they got their re-up for mugs they would have plenty for some time. This is Disney we're talking. I'm mainly concerned about those Dole whip sippers since nobody has said anything about resupply

View Profile of Cargo Cult Leader Send a personal message to Cargo Cult Leader      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation