FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Gallery to host 50th Tiki Room Exhibit! Updated info!! Read!
Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-05 8:55 pm   Permalink

I sort of agree! SHAG charges WAY too much for their merchandise & I really like the Trader Sam's merchandise a little bit more because that place has more of an adult feel to it & their stuff looks like more of the stuff that we are after and are used too. So far the stuff looks like, meh. I am still willing to check out the other stuff they come out with though.

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-01 08:53 am   Permalink

http://miehana.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/summers-coming.html

I would just like to reiterate that I look forward to this piece coming out, and think that it will be excellent to turn into a makeshift scorpion bowl.

I'm glad it's going to be open edition. I don't know why Disney has to do so much limited run merchandise. I understand that it's usually higher quality than the usual fare, but they would make more money based on quantity than making it a limited run. Yes, I know, there's something to be said about a limited edition, but so many pieces are too great to be lost to history as people who own them rarely sell. Now I'll just have to find a friend to get their hands on one for me...

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 05:39 am   Permalink

To be released at Disneyland on June 28th for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary...

The PELE Enchanted Tiki Mug (with lid)!
Cast of stoneware, 10.5 inches by 5 inches, open edition, $39.95

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 12:34 pm   Permalink

ALL the event merchandise is now online at Disney Parks merchandise.com! Some great items!!!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 12:50 pm   Permalink

So it looks like all the mugs are open edition.

yay

As a side thought it would of been awesome to see someone like Eric October's work be part of this event..his black paper drawings of the Tiki Room are amazing.

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2013-04-02 12:54 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 12:52 pm   Permalink

www.disneynow.com/accounts/register123/subaccount/merchandise/merchdlr/events/dlrmerchtiki50th/Final_Tiki_50th_catalog.pdf

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-04 20:32, Kilaueakyd wrote:
I was excited now I am not so sure. Does anyone know what they mean by random selection process?

I found this description of the Random Selection Process. It was written for cruise ship merchandise, but I'm sure it works the same way:
http://www.disneynow.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x247779117&varPage=location

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-02 2:28 pm   Permalink

So how does the open edition stuff work? Just get tickets to said event and boom? Or do you have to use the whole RSP buying system?

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 2:59 pm   Permalink

The Disney website that you buy your ticket from has links to schedule of events and FAQ's.

http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/save-the-date-walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room-50th-anniversary/?instance_id=

RSP explained on the Disneyland blog for this event. Yes, you have to go through the entire RSP process to buy something.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/02/walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room-50th-anniversary-event-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Here’s some detail on how the Random Selection Process Works.

RSP stands for the Random Selection Process, a computer program designed to award limited edition product to event guests based on their preferences. Normally, two RSP’s are run for each event. The Random Selection Process and complete merchandise list will be available for event guests to submit once they have registered for the event.

How does the RSP work? The RSP always starts with the first item and moves sequentially through the list of available items. It gathers all the guests that put item #1 as their first preference, randomizes the guest list and randomizes the available pieces. Next, it will match up a random guest with a random piece, continuing until it either runs out of guests or runs out of pieces. If it awards the item to every guest that put item #1 as their first preference and still has items remaining it will gather all guests that put item #1 as their second preference. It will randomize these guests and the remaining pieces and start matching again. The process continues through preference 3, 4 and so on until it either runs out of preferences or runs out of pieces. When item #1 is complete it will move to item #2 and gather all the guests that put item #2 as their first preference. The RSP is complete when it either runs out of preferences or runs out of pieces.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-04-02 15:00 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 3:31 pm   Permalink

As in past events (and especially with the Haunted Mansion 40th Ann. event in 2009), there was always merchandise left over after the initial event/merch. release and if it's open edition items, I know there will be a tiki merchandise display set up in either the Disney Gallery and or the Disneyana shop on Main St. like for the 45th. I'm so glad that most if not all the items I want to buy are open edition, so no need to pay to go to the event just to buy items! In fact, a YEAR after the mansion event/release, I was still finding limited edition items for sale at the gallery & Disneyana! Even the LE500 coffins!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 3:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Doug Horne designed two originals & prints for this!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-02 4:14 pm   Permalink

The pics that Doug did are very cool. He's even going to be signing his artwork at the Disneyland festivities. Maybe he will let you cut to the front of the line!

www.disneynow.com/accounts/register123/subaccount/merchandise/merchdlr/events/20130002/Jose%20Package_Guest_Itinerary.pdf

Artist Signings **
- Featuring Disney Design Group artists, Alex Maher and Mike Sullivan, as well as Disney inspired artists Dave Avanzino, Jody Daily, Jeremy Fulton, Doug Horne, Katie Kelly, Kevin Kidney, Noah, Robert Olszewski, SHAG, Javier Soto and Yakovetic.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chadwick

Posted: 2013-04-02 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-02 15:31, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
As in past events (and especially with the Haunted Mansion 40th Ann. event in 2009), there was always merchandise left over after the initial event/merch. release and if it's open edition items, I know there will be a tiki merchandise display set up in either the Disney Gallery and or the Disneyana shop on Main St. like for the 45th. I'm so glad that most if not all the items I want to buy are open edition, so no need to pay to go to the event just to buy items! In fact, a YEAR after the mansion event/release, I was still finding limited edition items for sale at the gallery & Disneyana! Even the LE500 coffins!

That is reassuring to hear especially for those of us who live on the east coast and cannot make it out so easily for the event. How soon after the event do you suspect that the open edition items will be available at the Disney Gallery? Looks like a trip to Disneyland later this summer/fall will be needed.

View Profile of Chadwick Send a personal message to Chadwick  Email Chadwick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-03 12:26 pm   Permalink

I would think the day after the event, but not sure. I'll post if I hear anything! It worked that way with the mansion event/merch.

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-03 12:33 pm   Permalink

The Mouse denied me a press pass to cover this event, bummer. Anyone have a connection?

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation