FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki History - Heddy's Hawaiian Bamboo Room - Echo Lake, PA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki History - Heddy's Hawaiian Bamboo Room - Echo Lake, PA
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-25 09:51, Swanky wrote:
Wish I could read the description of the Aloha Orgy...

Swanky,

Best I can do.

A festive tropical interlude. An exotic safari into paradise. The magic of Hawaii filters through this persuasive friendship drink for four or more happy people. Soft nocturnal rains, mellow moonlit nights, the surging surf and the white steaks of sun-swept beaches. A mood and lingering memory.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 12:56 pm   Permalink

Aaaah, I can see them now, right in front of me on the table, the yummy "white steaks"...hmmm!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-01-25 1:04 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 1:19 pm   Permalink

Genius! Where did you whip that up so fast! Now that "streaks"/"steaks" misspell makes complete sense!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-24 12:03, bigbrotiki wrote:

..from Mimi's site. I know, these are too cool. Has any body ever found any of these? They must have been discontinued a long time ago, I have never come across any, only those double umbrellas picks.

I was looking for a song that Bongo wrote and found this picture from the Holiday mug trade that Bogielocks gave to Tiki-Kate.

Bogielocks found some of the hanging drink lanterns!

I also spied the same one on a postcard I have.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

Very good. And we can see what I suspected all along, they are really two paper umbrellas stuck together, hanging from a string. Those crafty orientals!

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-02-10 7:43 pm   Permalink

Those paper lanterns are still being produced. I've seen them at World Market (aka Cost Plus). And yes, they are pretty much just two paper umbrellas glued together.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2010-02-10 20:06 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-02-10 7:55 pm   Permalink

Nice! Cost Plus is easy.

Al-ii was using those in the Lagoon Room the last time I was there.

Just so know I was thinking about you Al.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 7:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-10 19:43, Hakalugi wrote:
Those paper lanterns are still being produced. I've seen them at World Market (aka Cost Plus). And yes, they are pretty much just two paper lanterns glued together.

That's nuthin!
After a Tiki Central bar crawl, you can see 5 or 6 umbrellas stuck together in the aisles, as you're leaving the bus.
I think I saw one on EBay go for twenty bucks!

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2010-02-10 20:00 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 4:19 pm   Permalink

I just got this nice menu from Heddy's Hawaiian Room.

They used the images from the mural and the Reader's Digest cover for the art.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 5:13 pm   Permalink

OK here is a fun find. It seems as though Heddy's survived long enough to go from late 1950's Hawaiian themed Tiki to early 1970's far out Tiki. I picked up this postcard from Heddy's Mai Tai Bar at the Tiki Supper Club.

Great ceiling and check out the Tiki sculptures on the wall behind the bar, a few mugs spotted.

TV roost and look at those bar stools.

Back of the card say it all!

DC

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 10:13 pm   Permalink

Ha,how cool. Seems that in the Pocono mountains they were a little behind and didn't know TIKI was over by the 70s. What a cool period font. The ceiling looks like it it glowed yellow, and the moai masks had purple lights behind them. The color of the South Seas!

AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-20 04:16 am   Permalink

Note to restaurant and bar owners: Print and sell (or give away) post cards and match books if you want images and memories of your place to live forever.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation