FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 12:28 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna cast my vote for Mojave! While I appreciate the lengths the Travelodge folks go through to make us feel welcome and don't interfere with the fun we're having, when you get down to it, it's just another hotel, and I can stay in a hotel anytime. Mojave Oasis is a special place, and Queen K constructed it all with us in mind: we don't have to "bring the tiki" - it's already there waiting for us! I've been there for every tiki event so far, and ANY opportunity to go to Mojave again gets priority in my book!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 2:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Neither of us are taking your votes personally and we realize as we have a great mix of the same people that go to both Mojave Oasis and Tiki Caliente we also has very separate groups too that love to camp or love Palm Springs.

These October Events are a great release valve that we use to try something outside our norm and be able to try new artist and angles to create an event that is truly different,but not uncomfortably so.

also,these events bring in NEW people that want to be part of the action and may not come to an established show that may have clicks and groups that are not welcoming to new bee's.
Rory Snyder

I just wanted to reiterate what Rory said. This event is about Fun, choose where you want it to be, no one will be mad, its a Tiki event!

Also, did want to add one thing about Mojave. We do have the off site rough house Ranch, Taboo Cove and Others stayed there during Mojave Oasis II. So it is a room with Air and Shared bath for every 3 rooms,its nice, but it is offsite a 1/2 mile or mile. This is not anything but an extra option if you are already thinking about Mojave. Im ok as is Rory with Either locale. We have a lot of things Planned, New Art, New Mugs" Thanks Rory" and More!

We want everyone to enjoy our joined event it gives us the ability to do different things, so vote away. Your vote counts.

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-05-30 14:44 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Michele Del Ray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-30 3:29 pm   Permalink

Count Jason Lee and I in!

View Profile of Michele Del Ray Send a personal message to Michele Del Ray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 4:08 pm   Permalink

The world famous FLOCK?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 5:20 pm   Permalink

Palm Springs is rather nice at that time of year. Vote: PALM SPRINGS.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

Palm Springs is my vote

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 7:02 pm   Permalink

Can I vote for Moajve twice?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-30 9:18 pm   Permalink

Palm Springs sounds great!

View Profile of Sunshine Tiki Send a personal message to Sunshine Tiki  Email Sunshine Tiki Goto the website of Sunshine Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mantis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-30 9:23 pm   Permalink

Two more votes for Palm Springs. My wife and me. Zach

View Profile of Tiki Mantis Send a personal message to Tiki Mantis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 9:44 pm   Permalink

Mojave because I need to finally make it there before it blows away in a sandstorm

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buttercup
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-31 10:26 am   Permalink

Mojave.

I could give a lot of long winded reasons why but I will save my breath, for now.

View Profile of Buttercup Send a personal message to Buttercup  Email Buttercup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 10:48 am   Permalink

I am really torn on this.
but considering the fact that I really don't get to really experience Palm Springs,
while at an event there. It doesn't really affect me the same way it does others.

I can understand why some don't dig the camping aspect.
but the whole escapism of Mojave is really quite surreal.

I could vote either way really,
but I am gonna say Mojave,
just for the fact that its a more affordable weekend.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 11:16 am   Permalink

We will take votes till 5p.m. June 1st. You can vote here or on the Taboo Facebook page (listed at the beginning of this topic)

Please only vote once and please make sure it's only Mojave or Palm Springs..........Thank you

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scombsmatta
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-05-31 11:26 am   Permalink

Both are different but Mohave had better food on site for emergencies so Mohave. Loved those guys from Idyllwild!

Kuke

View Profile of scombsmatta Send a personal message to scombsmatta      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 7:49 pm   Permalink

I vote for Mojave though I had a tough time choosing.

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation