FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)
zond2
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-08 11:07 am   Permalink

UffDa!
Looks like I took ~300 photos (not including video) at Taboo. Hopefully once I've gone through and culled them there might be a few worth posting.
As usual I'll create a set for them on my Flickr account and post the link here.
-Michael

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 1:59 pm   Permalink

Any collaboration Rory and Amy stamp their name on you know your getting a top shelf event. Great weekend that flew by yet had a months worth of debauchery and antics crammed into it. Mahalo to everyone that came by our Haole Rot Primo Beer Room Crawl and apologies to those that had to take early naps due to Pineapple Princesses Buzzy Bears. Also big thanks to John and Kim for co-hosting and helping to spread the aloha.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 5:19 pm   Permalink

For those that weren't at Taboo, there was a camera crew shooting film for the upcoming DVD - Taboo Island.

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-08 5:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-08 13:59, Mongoloid wrote:
Mahalo to everyone that came by our Haole Rot Primo Beer Room Crawl and apologies to those that had to take early naps due to Pineapple Princesses Buzzy Bears.

Too many Buzzy Bears....

After dark

Makes you see double Rorys

What a great time.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-10-08 9:01 pm   Permalink

Here's the beginning of my photos...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-10-08 11:14 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 10:44 am   Permalink

Once Again I want to thank everyone who came to the TABOO event. I believe it was something very special and not to have been missed.

BUT...........

I would like to talk about some issues that both Amy (Mojave Oasis) and Myself (Tiki Caliente) have noticed from this event that we were not happy with.
This was only 1% of the people,but it's a 1% that I don't want to see at my events or to grow in numbers. I will make these very short and to the the point.

1. Like all Events we run,we must bring an existing License on grounds to serve Booze. When that happens you can NOT bring your own drinks to the fenced event area. (Tonga Hut who provided the License could be fined or the License could be Voided) It is getting so in your face insulting with people bringing their own can's/bottles/mixed drinks to the pool/event area that I am taking it personally now. Your own booze, is for your room ONLY.

2. People selling product without being a vendor is just tacky and insulting to every vendor on grounds. I kicked out 2 people for doing this and banned them from coming to any of my events in the future. But next time it will be public.

3. If you can't handle your booze DON'T COME. As we all fall now and then,including myself.I at least know i get silly and loud when I over drink. I don't bother people and make them uncomfortable and leave a negative lasting impression of myself and the event itself......Once again you will be banned from ALL future events hosted by Amy and Myself. Please don't read too much into this,these people were contacted after the event. SO if you were not contacted you were just a fun RUMMY.

4. Do not come to the event after hours without a pendant. As this was a smaller event we were lean on security and in some ways self policed. When I see people come into town from L.A. Orange County and San Diego and try and hideout in rooms to watch the bands and not pay for a Pendant, all I can think is TACKY. If you can't afford to come to our events then "you can't afford to come to our events".

Sorry for the rant but we do our best to keep this event cost effective. With the price of rooms,Pendants,drinks and food. But when you don't even want to purchase any of those, then you should not be at our event after 6p.m.

Thanks for your Time,

W

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2012-10-09 10:57 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 12:26 pm   Permalink

I want to give a big thanks to Everyone for Having us Out !

What a weekend. Rory and Amy ... Thanks to You the most for making things happen. more ways than people can understand.

Thanks for letting Jason Lee and the R.I.P. tides provide
our weird music for you to "Taboo" to.

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming support to John Mulder
and I on the Jason Lee Mug. The release party was a hit
and the mugs sold out fast.

I really felt Taboo was going to be the right Event to release
the mug and you guys were great.

Thanks to Rory for helping us show the mug so much at the show too !

I gotta say I didnt think the release of my drink "The Hair raiser" was going to win 2nd place so thank you !

We all hope to see you at another great Event in the Future !

Jason Lee (and the gang)

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-10-09 9:47 pm   Permalink

Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-09 10:21 pm   Permalink

We had a fantastic time, a big thanks to Amy and Rory. We enjoyed the music, the drinks and the people. A special thanks to Amy for accepting our last minute room party and to crazy Al for announcing it as if he always knew it would happen. Also thanks to Mary for her support.
Let's do it again!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:22 ]

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-09 10:22 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:26 ]

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-08 21:01, Tonga Tom wrote:
Here's the beginning of my photos...

Wow after all these years, I finally got my picture in Tiki Central. That's me in a white shirt, at the very top left hand corner, working my BBQ!

Fun time, good people and may I say good food? Thanks Amy and Rory!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 10:37 pm   Permalink

Tom, thanks for the shots (photos)
Jason the mugs came out great!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-10-09 11:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-09 22:37, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Tom, thanks for the shots (photos)
Jason the mugs came out great!

You're welcome ATP!
There will be more...

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 4:16 pm   Permalink

Amy and Rory,

Thanks for hosting a great Taboo event. My wife and I had a lot of fun and look forward to the next one, regardless of the venue.

Thanks also to the Tonga Hut crew, the cooks, the vendors, the bands and the room crawl hosts who made it all run so smoothly.

Crazy Al and the unveiling, amazing piece of art.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation