FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Community Traveling Sketchbook Project
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Community Traveling Sketchbook Project
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 08:45 am   Permalink

Hello all Tiki-friends-artists-creatives

Within the Tiki-community there are a lot of creative individuals. And as many artists often do they have a sketchbook that they jot down ideas into, or post on these forums. But what if there was a sketchbook where tiki artists could be found in one spot?

A few months back I found this on the internet (I think I found it after getting Danny Gregory's - An Illustrated Life):

http://www.sketchtravel.com/

To summarize (if you don't want to click the link, but you know you do):
A blank hardcover sketchbook
1 page per artist
No theme to it
Once each artist is completed with their page they hand-delivered the book to another artist.

So a few days ago it hit me - why can't the Tiki Community do the same thing? There are a bunch of great artists around - Shag, Yaniger, Horne, Thor, Tiki Tony, Ruzic etc etc. And it would be a cool project of a collection of all styles of artists who are representing the Tiki Pop Culture.

But once this project is completed how to offer the book back to the Tiki Community and possibly to a wider audience? In discussions I have had with some artists, and as was done on the Sketchtravel project, all the proceeds from sales were given to a charity (which is all about the aloha spirit).

This is just a starting post. Please like this and spread the information to those Artists who would be interested in joining this collective art project.

Mahalo
Andrew

**THIS IS OPEN TO ANY AND ALL ARTISTS**

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-ESP 2012-06-15 09:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 10:15 am   Permalink

Looks like a fun project.

The charity idea is a good one...maybe the Ken Ruzic Hair Research Foundation?

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-04 10:40 am   Permalink

Sounds great....even to the geographically challenged!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Great Project idea!

I got's close to 50 sketchbooks filled,dating from 1989 to present...
the past 6-7 years are FULL of mostly Tiki work which i try to share on my posts when applicable
(ie: studies for paintings,character developments,experiments,etc.)

So just filling ONE page would be a breeze!
Sign me up !

as long as the charity is for
Surgery to get Doug's legs shortened
or transplanting a brain in BigToe's noggin!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 11:17 am   Permalink

What a GREAT idea! I think that is brilliant!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-05 10:34 am   Permalink

We should get this puppy up and running SOON!
So we can exchange the sketchbook around Tiki Oasis and such!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Walt_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-05 3:37 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great idea I say do it

View Profile of Walt_Tiki Send a personal message to Walt_Tiki  Email Walt_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-05 10:40 pm   Permalink

im in.

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-05 10:41 pm   Permalink

bitches

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-05 11:14 pm   Permalink

Maybe we should auction this book off
and raise some money
to help Tom's Tourettes...

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-06 09:05 am   Permalink

Boys!!!

I'd love to do this and we'll be at Oasis. Do we need to bring felt pens or colored pencils? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-07 10:05 am   Permalink

The idea is to hand off the book (which I will be purchasing soon) to other artists. No rush on it, but I'm looking for help/ideas on how we can get this to all tiki people and beyond once it is completed.

Yes, I would like the kick-off to either be at the Tiki Marketplace in July (if that is happening) or Tiki Oasis. But right now it is getting as many artists/creatives on board.

Yes, the original should be auctioned off to help out charity. Just like to also get a replica/reproduction/copy that can be sold to others. Which again, help or getting this out to someone who knows how publishing works would be a fantastic boost!

Before I go purchasing the book. Any suggestions on size, material?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-ESP 2012-06-07 10:18 ]

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-07 12:11 pm   Permalink

a BIG sketchbook (at LEAST 9x12/iix14 and up...) THICK paper so it doesn't bleed onto the next page
archival paper
No spiral bound or perforated pages!
this book should be nicely bound with a heavy front and back cover..

this is what i get and they aint failed me yet!

anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-08 12:56 pm   Permalink

i would love to part of this if you will let me be part of it

Mahalo

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-08 1:30 pm   Permalink

This is open to all tiki-artists/creatives that want to share their talent in really cool project for charity.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation