advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Totally Tiki Summer Party
Totally Tiki Summer Party
TikiShipman

Posted: 2012-06-07 7:45 pm   Permalink

Went into my neighbourhood LCBO (Currently, the LCBO is one of the world's largest single purchasers of beverage alcohol products) here in Toronto and to my delightful surprise they are doing a major Tiki Summer Party promotion! Here is the link for all to enjoy. Cheers!

http://www.lcbo.com/tiki-party/index.shtml?inbound=homepage

View Profile of TikiShipman Send a personal message to TikiShipman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-11 08:08 am   Permalink

I was glad to see this too. Although it's not what you'd think of in terms of traditional 'tiki', it's at least a step in the right direction. I've always lamented the fact that Toronto, as large as it is, doesn't really 'do' tiki, and although we had tiki bars and restaurants in the distant past, today it is largely unknown. Hopefully, this is a sign that things are changing for the better.

View Profile of Kahuna Tiki Send a personal message to Kahuna Tiki  Email Kahuna Tiki Goto the website of Kahuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poutineki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-11 2:26 pm   Permalink

They could stock Lemon Hart 151, Smith & Cross and an agricole or two in support of tiki recipes and I'd be a lot happier about it.

View Profile of poutineki Send a personal message to poutineki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-14 1:21 pm   Permalink

Yeeeeah...they could have had Lemon Hart. After all it *is* produced in Newfoundland. But they chose to stock Old Sam instead. Yuck. Have you ever tried Old Sam? I wonder what idiot made THAT call...

[ This Message was edited by: Kahuna Tiki 2012-06-14 13:22 ]

View Profile of Kahuna Tiki Send a personal message to Kahuna Tiki  Email Kahuna Tiki Goto the website of Kahuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 2:41 pm   Permalink

In Alberta, we have hot and cold running Lemon Hart...

[ This Message was edited by: Brandomoai 2012-06-14 14:42 ]

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation