FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Anyone else sick of these kind of releases?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Anyone else sick of these kind of releases?
brianeno

Posted: 2012-06-12 12:01 pm   Permalink

Feel like everything has gotten more and more silly in terms of what many brands are trying to sell or market. There is a now a "glazed donut" flavored vodka?! http://www.web2carz.com/lifestyle/food/1012/glazed-donut-flavored-vodka-to-hit-shelves heres the link for an article on it... truly disgusted

View Profile of brianeno Send a personal message to brianeno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-12 12:39 pm   Permalink

Can't be any more disgusting than fluffed marshmallow vodka.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-12 1:38 pm   Permalink

The worst part is that almost every bar I go to has the shelves lined with various flavored vodkas like this, and uses them as the basis of all their "martinis" and cocktails. People drink this shit, or they wouldn't make it. It's lowest-common-denominator product, like cheap spiced rums and domestic beer. Mass market appeal. And yet if I went to some craft-cocktail joint and they boasted a house-made, glazed donut-infused vodka, I'd probably be curious...

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

Reminds me of Cupcake Vodka

Makes me gag just thinking about it. I'm pretty sick of the whole cupcake craze altogether.

[ This Message was edited by: skeeter 2012-06-12 13:44 ]

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-12 2:34 pm   Permalink

a plain glazed-donut flavored liquor, without infused bacon?! that's disgusting.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-12 2:38 pm   Permalink

Did someone say BACON!?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-12 3:52 pm   Permalink

Apparently, the public wants these.

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teamtom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-12 5:14 pm   Permalink

Women want these. I hate how everything is a martini if it comes in a cocktail glass.

View Profile of teamtom Send a personal message to teamtom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-12 5:50 pm   Permalink

Oh waiter...a bacon martini please.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-12 6:15 pm   Permalink

chicken & waffle vodka

YES PLEASE!!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iscah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-13 12:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-12 17:14, teamtom wrote:
Women want these. I hate how everything is a martini if it comes in a cocktail glass.

Hey now, I call BS. As for the second part of your post, why would martinis get any special treatment-- so many things with pineapple juice and grenadine are called mai tais.

View Profile of Iscah Send a personal message to Iscah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-13 3:03 pm   Permalink

Everybody knows that every drink with vodka in a cocktail glass is called a something-tini, and every drink with rum and pineapple juice is called a something-mai tai. It's, like, common knowledge.

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-13 3:09 pm   Permalink

you left out the something-rita...

[ This Message was edited by: thePorpoise 2012-06-13 15:09 ]

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 09:08 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, everybody knows that every blended drink is a somthing-rita.

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-21 09:58 am   Permalink

Yep! Its just the way it is guys. As mentioned. Mass market appeal. The majority dont care what their drinks are mixed with, as long as its good to them. One of my friends made me a drink she called the 50/50. Which is orange juice and smirnoff whipped cream vodka and I think a little vinalla. I have to admit it was tastey like the 50/50 ice cream bar. Hence the name.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation