FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Any Tikiphiles in Indy?
Any Tikiphiles in Indy?
brisketkid

Posted: 2012-06-12 5:04 pm   Permalink

Recently moved to Indianapolis from California and looking for other Tiki peeps to talk tiki, beat drums, and make jungle paintings with.

View Profile of brisketkid Send a personal message to brisketkid  Email brisketkid Goto the website of brisketkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-12 8:17 pm   Permalink

Looks like your on your own man . JK! There has to be some tikiphiles there somewhere.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-13 06:16 am   Permalink

I'm 2 1/2 hours north in South Bend. We talk tiki, beat the drums of tiki passion and paint the jungle paintings with art swaps. (as on the Other Crafts thread), all on Tiki Central. Now, we can't actually drink on TC...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 4:20 pm   Permalink

Let me be the first to point you to the only Tiki in or around Indy, Lotus Gardens in Greenwood, In. Have some old-school Eggrolls, or their decent Pot Stickers, and a Rum Cow in a coconut mug. Their Mai Tais aren't great, but I remember having a decent Tiki Bowl and Dr. Wong's Tonic. Avoid menu items that are glutinous glop like the Lemon Chicken or Chow Mein.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-26 9:43 pm   Permalink

Well there are me and the misses, It's pretty slim tiki pickings. You can see the ruins of Bumpys Mai-Tai but that's about it. We do have occasional parties.

View Profile of Dan Send a personal message to Dan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
brisketkid

Posted: 2012-06-28 05:07 am   Permalink

Thanks everybody.

I've been to Lotus Garden, and it's a pretty fun place. I've also found the tiki bar in the back of Revolucion in Fountain Square. Not a bad place. Drinks are a little weak, but I think they have potential.

If you ever want to get together for a Tiki-meet up, let me know.

View Profile of brisketkid Send a personal message to brisketkid  Email brisketkid Goto the website of brisketkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation