[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Big Sur
Big Sur
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 07:42 am   Permalink

Hey all No California Ohana!

I am traveling from the East Coast to Big Sur for my borhter's wedding on November 2nd. We're thinking of flying into San Francisco on Tuesday night and staying there, spending Wednesday in the SF area touring Alcatraz possibly, the Wharf area, etc and then heading to Monterey the next day. Thoughts? Is 1 day enough to see a lot of SF? Then we're going to see Monterey before heading to Big Sur for the wedding on Friday.

I have the Tiki Road trip book and will be hitting anything remotely tiki along the way but won't have a lot of time to go on too many tiki missions.

Advice/suggestions etc would be most appreciated. I've never been to CA in my life! One day I hope to get to Southern CA, the tiki holy grail (in my mind along with Hawaii)

Many, many thinaks in advance!
Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-15 12:02 am   Permalink

Check Out Hula's either in Santa Cruz, or Monterey.
Drinks aren't amazing, but great food.
and pretty good decor, and great tiki art.
http://www.hulastiki.com/

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-15 08:15 am   Permalink

Definitely eat at Hula's. My favorite is the Calamari! There are two locations: Santa Cruz and Monterey.

http://www.hulastiki.com/

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-15 12:10 pm   Permalink

While my experience is driving to Big Sur from the south, it's still true in the other direction.

Give yourself lots of time. It will take longer to get there than you expect.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LosGatos_HepCats
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-16 09:27 am   Permalink

While in San Francisco - Smuggler's Cove for a Tiki Cocktail!

View Profile of LosGatos_HepCats Send a personal message to LosGatos_HepCats      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation