FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Surf/Spy Guitar Lessons w/ Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 12 - (With Updates)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Surf/Spy Guitar Lessons w/ Jason Lee @ Tiki Oasis 12 - (With Updates)
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 10:36 am   Permalink

Do you want to be part of Something Secret?

Do you want to be part of Informative?

Do you want to be part of something Special?

Do you want to be part of Spy Guitar....

If so.... Continue Reading.

First Off,

Thanks to Everyone for Making the Surf Guitar lessons such a hit last year. We had about 30 participants celebrating the Love of Surf Guitar.

This year, We are throwing a Twist on it with a complete Spy Theme.

Look Forward to Learning and playing some really Cool Spy Riffs and songs.

I will Be providing a decent amount of Guitars again which seemed to help a lot last year for the Attendees Flying in to TO.

Please Use this Post to ask Questions Publicly so we can make this year Even better than last year.

When you Purchase a Ticket you will be notified of more details on the Order of The Spy Guitar. Location, Time Etc will be released to you only.

[ This Message was edited by: JasonLeeSurf 2012-08-31 14:20 ]

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 10:47 am   Permalink

Last Years Event

[ This Message was edited by: JasonLeeSurf 2012-08-31 14:19 ]

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BuzDeadwax
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-18 10:55 am   Permalink

If I can fly with it, I will likely have my Wild Thing surf-n-turf bass in-tow. Will tickets be available online?

View Profile of BuzDeadwax Send a personal message to BuzDeadwax  Email BuzDeadwax Goto the website of BuzDeadwax     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 11:02 am   Permalink

Here's my question (since you asked)... Stylistically what separates Crime Jazz from Spy-Fi ? Other than the pop cultural source (i.e. Peter Gunn T.V. show vs. James Bond movie) is there something unique to the arrangement which makes it more one than the other ?

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 11:09 am   Permalink

John-O

I will be discussing different tones that were used and the
differences between them at the event.

Including what to use and how to get the sound.

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 11:15 am   Permalink

***** Everyone. I bring quite a good amount of Vintage amps so we are covered. If you feel comfortable bringing your own combo feel free to, but you need to show up early to get in the front of the line with your amp so we can get you all hooked up ******

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 11:28 am   Permalink

*** Our Insiders inform me Tickets will be on sale very soon
so stay tuned to TikiOasis.com for all Symposium updates ***

marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

Im there! It was a fun session last year. Dont forget to bring my guitar Jason haha.
~Brad

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-18 12:57 pm   Permalink

Dont worry Brad. I'm on the case

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-21 10:56 am   Permalink

Buzz,

I'm excited to see this thing guit of yours !

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-23 11:23 pm   Permalink

Everyone interested:

I'm working on the Flow of the Class right now,

If you want to include input on what you are looking to get out of the
experience please post on here and pass it on to other participants that might not know.

Thanks

JL

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-24 7:40 pm   Permalink

diggin the new flyer for this

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-29 7:14 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 11:50 am   Permalink

If your in Town Make sure to see us on that Wed. at The Flying Elephant in Carlsbad.

This is going to be a great show and we are plying some songs with the riffs you are going to learn at the Class on Sat.

Also We are playing Poolside at Oasis at 12 Noon and are playing some other songs that include excerpts from the lessons to be givin on sat.

Please try and make it to these as they will give you a good idea of how arrangement works in a live band.

Thanks Everyone.

JL

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 11:53 am   Permalink

See you there !

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation