Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Corrugated bamboo roofing
Corrugated bamboo roofing
Country Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-20 11:40 am   Permalink

I saw this on the web any one know where to buy it? Thanks.

View Profile of Country Tiki Send a personal message to Country Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
muskrat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-20 9:09 pm   Permalink

This stuff would be great for our soon to be constructed patio/tiki bar.
Initial search tells me this is mostly available in India though i'd love to hear different.
Maybe a group buy is in order if there's enough in interest in getting some shipped over.
-k-

View Profile of muskrat Send a personal message to muskrat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Country Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-21 8:03 pm   Permalink

Looks like that's the only way to get but I don't need much.I did see this and may try it.

[ This Message was edited by: Country Tiki 2012-06-21 20:07 ]

View Profile of Country Tiki Send a personal message to Country Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-10 1:19 pm   Permalink

Just came across this whilst perusing old threads. Seems like this type of "corrugated bamboo" roofing is just begging for the artificial PVC bamboo treatment. Splitting some 6" PVC drain pipes would get you there in a hurry.

The one issue I can see is that amber shellac, the go-to coating for all good PVC bamboo projects, does not block UV rays. And PVC is quite susceptible to UV degradation. Any exposed use would first need a good base coat of paint to act as a UV blocker, with the shellac applied over that. One could probably make faux Spanish roof tiles using a similar process, as well.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Commodore
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-15 07:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-20 11:40, Country Tiki wrote:
I saw this on the web any one know where to buy it? Thanks.

it looks promising but this is what it says at the bottom of the Gadua Bamboo page: "This product is still in the R&D phase. We do not produce or sell corrugated bamboo roofing. This article is for informational purproses only."

I think if you used it you would be a first adapter and may be changing it out for metal or plastic corrugated product after a year or so depending on weather. I've been looking at various options for my build but am going another direction

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53407b1de4b05fdb12d8f4a7/t/53ac6631e4b0100bdfefd710/1403807282595/corrugated-bamboo-roofing-sheet.jpg?format=750w

-TG
Commodore

[ This Message was edited by: Commodore 2018-10-15 07:05 ]

View Profile of Commodore Send a personal message to Commodore      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation