[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Wang's mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Wang's mug
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-20 1:46 pm   Permalink

This mug is now available at Wang's in North Park (San Diego). I'm told it was made by Tiki Farm, although I don't know who the artist was.

Looks cool in a riff off the old Fu Manchu style mug.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-20 4:04 pm   Permalink

The mug was designed by Derek Yaniger.

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 2:22 pm   Permalink

500 were made for San Diego and 500 for Palm Springs. After they are all sold, a new design will be made. I'll post pics on my ooga mooga page soon...

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-07 5:22 pm   Permalink

I saw that mug on FB yesterday and am quite enamored of it. I can ONLY hope there are some left when I head down to Tiki Oasis. Definitely going to head to Wang's to eat, drink and snag one of those beauties!!! Thanks for posting Arriano.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-08 12:09 am   Permalink

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-08 09:13 am   Permalink

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for all the pix Kiwi. It is making me weak in my knees.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-08 10:36 am   Permalink

We went two weeks ago for dinner. There's nothing on the menu about the mugs, and the waiter didn't mention them. But since we knew about them we asked for and got two. Pretty cool. We had the Tiki Style cocktail in both.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2012-07-08 10:36 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Derek Mitchell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

We, Miss Hell and I, got turned onto this mug the other day by a friend and will be getting some soon.

View Profile of Derek Mitchell Send a personal message to Derek Mitchell  Email Derek Mitchell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 10:31 am   Permalink

I was tending bar at Wangs in Palm Springs back in 2008 when I was setting up Tiki Caliente 1.
Holden and Joel from Wangs were in talks back then about the mug. Glad it finally came to be.

It looks great

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 11:23 am   Permalink

Joel said their original design kept blowing up in the kiln, so they had to start over again from scratch...

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-09 6:02 pm   Permalink

So happy...I just snagged one off eBay.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-12 10:11 pm   Permalink

Snagged the last two (according to the barkeep) during this evenings happy hour.Another bartender told me that another shipment was due any day. This was at the Palm Springs location. Food was good, drinks were simple (as opposed to the complex flavors/scents in a well crafted Mai Tai) but strong,and the tipsy factor is zero.
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-07-12 22:13 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-12 11:28 pm   Permalink

TWO? ONLY TWO? Don't you come home without one for me brotherman.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-13 02:33 am   Permalink

C'mon you two, sort it out.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-16 5:22 pm   Permalink

I was down in San Diego last weekend with my boys for a beach volleyball tournament in Ocean Beach and managed to sneak off with Mrs. Cajun for a stop at Wang's for Good Fortune Hour.

I am happy to report that they still have the new mugs.

The happy our food was good and the Tiki Style drink that comes with the mug was surprisingly good.

$4 for the mug with the Tiki Style drink.

$8 with anything else.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation