FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Lamps & Assorted Mysteries of the South Seas From Bongofury (Mugs Added Pg. 2)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Lamps & Assorted Mysteries of the South Seas From Bongofury (Mugs Added Pg. 2)
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-23 10:13 am   Permalink

Here are some of the lamps I have made. I will add more pictures as old photos are found and new lamps are made. Mahalo to all that have added my crafts to your home and bar. If you want something that you see here, I can make it or most any custom order. Just send me a PM or email. Most of the lamps can be finished on the top in case it is hung where it can be seen from above. If you have a low ceiling they can be swagged in a corner of a room for great effect.

Tabletop version

I've done the shrunken head, pufferfish. jellyfish and more inside a netted float

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury 2013-10-17 09:13 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-23 11:46 am   Permalink

NICE Very NICE! Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-23 11:47 am   Permalink

I really love the totally unique ideas you come up with.
Great Work!!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-24 6:22 pm   Permalink

Sweet!!! We should do a trade some day. I really want one of those numbers with the floats in the side. And a float lamp of course. And...

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-24 9:24 pm   Permalink

Your lights look terrific here and even better in person. See you at Oasis, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 5:27 pm   Permalink

Impressive lamps!

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 11:07 am   Permalink

So many great artists on this forum. Inspiring stuff!

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-26 5:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. Humbled by praise from two of the best makers of lamps. I'm sure some of my "ideas" came from both of you. I made a mug once that looks like more TikiToNy than Bongofury. Here are a few more...

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 05:17 am   Permalink

This light is awsome!!
See it's when you make suff like that I love ya and hate ya at the same time.
I want to make that light, like right now.
But you did it and it's your design now, so that's the hate ya part.
Great stuff.
You and KAHAKA come up with these great ideas that take them out of play waaay too often.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 07:24 am   Permalink

I am with skip on that one..

Mrs Swanky has been wanting a diver's helmet lamp since we saw them at Oasis. That's so over the top that you can make that! I can see it now with some faux seaweed on top of our 19th century British Naval officer's chest... Gotta get that done.

Thanks for sharing this stuff here!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 11:50 pm   Permalink

Beautiful stuff ron! I had no idea how many great designs you have!!! I to love the divers helmet and the one with the floats on the side.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 12:04 am   Permalink

God you been busy Ron, Great stuff!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-30 03:42 am   Permalink

One can never have enough beachcomber lamps - I need one of those puffer floats!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-27 5:00 pm   Permalink

Here is my Tiki Modern piece carved from a slab of Cedar mounted on a Luan board coverd with new old stock orange burlap with a custom cut Redwood frame.

More Lamps

I have more......and a mug too!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-27 6:18 pm   Permalink

Your going crazy Bongo! love the lamps..

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation