FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help! Hawaiian wood carved wall hangings.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Help! Hawaiian wood carved wall hangings.
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-27 17:53, KittyKat65 wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-27 13:10, bigbrotiki wrote:
This is also known as airport art, mass-produced tourist art, - or "nameless pieces of hacked wood"

Well, I quite like my "nameless pieces of hacked wood" hanging up. But then, I have never been one of those purists who will only have something rare and collectable. If I like it, I like it. I'm starting to feel that those of us are newer to the forum aren't quite good enough for the cool kids since we have stuff that wasn't bought "in the wild" or is mass-produce tourist stuff made in the Philippines. Not just this particular thread, but lots of other threads as well where newer members are put down. The common complaint is that TC is slow because of the newbies posting threads on existing topics and all the old members are being driven away. Maybe it's because the newbies are often treated like red-headed step children that we eventually go away before we had a chance to really get to know people and the culture of the forum.

I agree 100%
And that's why I will just keep lurking and not post.

Oh shit....

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 10:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-27 17:53, KittyKat65 wrote:

Maybe it's because the newbies are often treated like red-headed step children...

Stick around, some of us here like redheads...

And don't take things too personally, you need to be thick skinned just like a Tiki !!

But do try to take something positive away when long time Tikiphiles chime in. It's not "Cool Kid" snobbery but rather high Tiki standards cultivated over time.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 10:49 pm   Permalink

The difference is that we are not trying to keep ourselves "special", but that we are trying to keep Tiki special.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-28 09:35 am   Permalink

Wow.. I like my "hacked wood" too...

~ one Krab's trash is another Krab's treasure..and one Krab's treasure is another Krab's junk ~

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/one-krabs-trash-full-episode.html

[ This Message was edited by: tikijim 2012-06-28 12:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikijim 2012-06-29 08:34 ]

View Profile of tikijim Send a personal message to tikijim  Goto the website of tikijim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation