FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 5th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Sept 22nd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
5th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Sept 22nd
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-24 2:58 pm   Permalink

Mark your calendars with a big red circle, tapa stamp, coconut sticker or whatever you have to do, but save the date! The 5th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up at the Enchanted Lagoon is confirmed for Saturday, Sept. 22nd! This year we will be rocked by the awesome Del-Vipers, a band I had the pleasure to see perform at Antone's recently. And local exotica band John Frum Cargo Cult!

http://www.thedelvipers.com/
https://www.facebook.com/thedelvipers

I'm also thrilled to welcome back DJ Tropicana Joe!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/tropicana.joe

More info and further announcements coming soon. Yeehaw!

[ This Message was edited by: Koitiki 2012-09-17 11:48 ]

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 5:08 pm   Permalink

Can't wait!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 5:17 pm   Permalink

Yeah!!!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 07:12 am   Permalink

wooooo!!!

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:57 pm   Permalink

I'm ready for it!

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 3:44 pm   Permalink

It's on our calendar - can't wait!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 4:11 pm   Permalink

I'm looking forward to attending my first Texas Tiki Round-up. Talk to you soon.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
clintiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-09 8:57 pm   Permalink

Is there a website up and running for this event yet? Thanks in advance!

Clintiki

View Profile of clintiki Send a personal message to clintiki  Email clintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 10:25 pm   Permalink

Hi Clintiki!

We will probably not have a website, but will keep everyone informed on this thread and via Texas Tiki Email. PM me if you'd like to be added to the mailing list.

More excitement being planned as we speak. Further announcements are coming soon, as well as how to RSVP and other info.

Cheers!

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 3:47 pm   Permalink

Clintiki, the Texas Tiki Round-ups are not huge multi-day events, like Oasis or Hukilau. But they're a blast and the best Texas tiki event going! Koitiki and her husband, with the help of friends, host this great one-evening party in their beautiful home (great tiki room!) and large back area (dubbed The Enchanted Lagoon, complete with saltwater pool, koi pond, wooded trails, hidden tikis, etc.). It's pretty elaborate for a "yard party", what with live music, vendors, art displays, and more, but the atmosphere is very relaxed and intimate, and it's easy to meet new people. Attractions are added and more attend every year, but physical limitations would kick in, long before it reached a Hukilau sized crowd!
Here are links to the previous event's threads. For those new to this event, look in the later pages, for pictures people posted, after each party.
Tikiphiles Unite in Austin, TX (1st Year)
2nd Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Austin Aug. 1
3rd Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Aug. 7th
4th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Aug. 27th

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 5:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Limbo Lizard! You're hired as my new PR person!

There will definitely be a new attraction this year. And new entertainment, new vendors added, new culinary delights offered...

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 6:51 pm   Permalink

Sounds fantastic, Koitiki!
In fact, the only important thing missing this year has, alas, been missing all the other years, too...
Why not GROG come to Texas?
GROG could go see dinosaur tracks at Glen Rose, while in Texas... very nostalgic.

tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-16 11:30 am   Permalink

Can't wait! Sounds like a blast =)

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-07-16 5:45 pm   Permalink

GROG coming to Texas, but not until November for High School reunion.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-16 6:08 pm   Permalink

GROG went to school in Texas? Was that back when it was still a republic?

(Texans, please note that is a jab at my friend GROG, not at Texas. I know some of you are still sensitive about that annexation of Texas thing )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation