FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Carving seminar and Bar-B-que at the Lagoon Room
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Carving seminar and Bar-B-que at the Lagoon Room
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-19 11:18 am   Permalink

At my place, Saturday June 21st, Gecko will be offering his thoughts on carving with Poly Pop in the afternoon followed by a cocktails and a bar-B-que. I'm thinking 3:00 to 6:00 for the carving. 6:00 till dawn for the bar-B-que. I'm easy to find.

Drive to Oceanside on the 5.

Turn East on mission.

Turn right on Mesa.

I live on the left hand side Can't miss it.

2814 Mesa
Oceanside Ca
alnshely@pacbell.net
760 754 8195

Shout out, who's coming.
Mahalo,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2003-06-19 11:18 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-06-19 1:14 pm   Permalink

I sure wish me and mine could go, but we've got plans. For those that have not been to the Lagoon Room, GO! You're in for a treat. Very cool of Mike (Gecko) to offer some insight into carving. He'll be a tiki carving legend like Leroy in his time, and you can say "I knew him when...".

Have Fun.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-19 2:14 pm   Permalink

The Monkeyman family will be there.

Let us know if we can help with anything.

Gecko, Is Poly bringing some tools with him or should I bring over some chisels? I would like to bring over the mini tiki's that I have been working on to show you. I am starting on the 6th one tonight.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-19 7:31 pm   Permalink

SHeeeeit! I haven't figured out how to be in 2 places at the same time,.........ammitday.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-20 6:55 pm   Permalink

I might make it down, just depends on how my family obligations go earlier in the day.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-21 06:57 am   Permalink

We are saddened to not be able to make this one. Have a short slurp to Trustar.

Have fun

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-21 09:50 am   Permalink

Darn. I'll be heading down to San Diego today, too, but unfortunately no time to stop by.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-21 12:20 pm   Permalink

I'll be in town, so I'm there for a while too! Bringing my tools.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 08:31 am   Permalink

Thank you Al and Shelley for hosting this one of a kind event. The BBQ was delicious and the bonfire & slide show was memorable. What a surreal experience it was to experience the simultaneous carving stylings of Gecko and Chiki Tiki Diablo.

Enjoy the pics!

Prepping logs in the early afternoon

Gecko marks a log for the chisels

Monkeyman working on a Cook Islands Mask

Master Carvers Chiki Tiki Diablo and Gecko

Chiki Tiki Diablo marking a log for the chisels

Gecko in action!

Chiki Tiki Diablo putting on a show

Some of Gecko's masterpieces

End of day tikis

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 10:35 am   Permalink

Thanks again Al and Shelly. I had a great time. This is my ultimate kind of gathering.

Drinking, Socializing and Making stuff.

Thanks to Chiki, Poly and Gecko for supplying some tools and knowledge to the afternoon.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 11:56 am   Permalink

hey great action photos Pop! can you shoot those pics to my email bro.

I had a great time Al & Shel!! You guys have been there for me the whole time I've been here on da mainland! I love you guys! You guys stay at my hale for now on when eva you visit da islands! save all da room money fo'mo tiki stuff and fo'mo sewing material fo Shelly.

Chiki,
If I ever move back to da mainland, I would definatley(sp?) love to start our own version of OA!! Can't think of another carver I would love to work with on this type of decor. Aloha loco.

Monkey Man, nice ottoman brah. We might have to do da ting I was talkin about threw da mail. I'm all out of time. But it was great meeting your family.

SCD......no coment! no just talkin funny. SCD is one cool pimp!

shoots

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 5:03 pm   Permalink

how can i forget da Bax doggy dog! you're a crack up braddah! call me if you're eva on da islands!

Aloha to you and your ohana!!!

ps
I won't be able to make it to your house befor the Hukilau so just mail me the painting......he he he (inside joke)

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 7:30 pm   Permalink

Wen I see da pics, my lip began to twitch, I don know what dat means, I jus know dat I'm suck 'em up in Santa Cruz wit no tiki braddahs. Gecko you da' man! JT

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-23 11:03 pm   Permalink

Gecko! Re: 3rd to the last post before this one. You got to get back to da islands! You are loosing your accent! God Damn Mainland!! Glad y'all had a cool bbq! See you's on da plane (Al & Shell). Yee- Ha!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 10:32 am   Permalink

Man -o-man does that look like you guys had a good time. Nic work everybody on those fine tikis. Chainsaws and power grinders!! I need to get some more tools!
I bet there was a lot of chips flying that day.
Chongolio

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2003-06-25 10:32 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation