FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » First Annual "Fong Music Fest" @ Chef Shangri-La
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
First Annual "Fong Music Fest" @ Chef Shangri-La
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 07:21 am   Permalink

Mark your calendars and make your plans for this one cuz it's goina be smokin'!

Sept 7-8th "Fong Music Fest 2012...A Celebration of Aloha Spirit!"

Be a part of this first annual fun filled weekend featuring OVER 10 Bands, DJ's, Dancers, and an indoor Polynesian market place. The weekend kicks off on Friday night at 9pm with a special Polynesian buffet style dinner and 2 bands (see below). Saturday the party continues at the Chef when the doors open at Noon with DJ's & shopping, and the music kicks off at 1:30pm in the Chef’s parking lot. The outdoor portion Saturday will feature 9 bands (see below), DJ’s, & dancers, with Saturday’s festivities ending inside with the final 2 bands (see below) performances. Also, from Noon til 5pm inside the restaurant on Saturday, a Polynesian market place that will feature Hawaiian related items such as Alohawear, vintage Tiki collectibles and Tiki related Artists.

There are two different ticket packages, an advance weekend ticket for $40.00 (limited to the first 150), that will get you into both Friday and Saturday plus event t-shirt & special Polynesian buffet (friday nite only). Once these first 150 weekend passes sell out, an advance one day ticket for $35.00 will get you into the outdoor portion of Saturday only! Tickets for the outdoor portion of Saturday will be $40.00 the day of the event. Drink Specials throughout the weekend and an optional Buffet Saturday!

Tentative weekend line up subject to slight changes:

FRIDAY NIGHT-
Hillbilly Idle
13Tikis

SATURDAY OUTSIDE-
Alewife
Astronauts Space Age Combo
The Fuzzrites
The Hot Rod Hucksters
The Dyes
Go!Tsunami
The Concussions
The Madeira
The Neanderthals

SATURDAY INSIDE-
Roger & the Wraybands
The Cocktail Preachers

Advanced Tickets Sales available now, you can reserve yours via CC by calling the Chef at 708-442-7080. Ask for Duane or Betty, and please have your credit card and t-shirt size available when calling!

More exciting surprises and updates will available right here, or at
http://chefshangrila.com/ or, on FB!

See Ya'll at the Chef!

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2012-08-07 07:32 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 04:33 am   Permalink

I hope they grow this event into a yearly thing here in chicago, along the lines of hot rod hula hop, exotica, ohana and other yearly events but with more of an emphasis on the music and lounging tiki style, not getting drunk and f**ked up which sadly, seems to be the focus now of some of the other events lately.

Aside from being held at a vintage tiki place like the chef, there are still other great tiki venues for folks to visit here in the midwest. so get your tickets and make a weekend of it.

In fact, there will probably be a meet and greet at the hala kahiki the thursday night before this event that weekend.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 6:40 pm   Permalink

What a fantastic line-up !! And at Chef Shangri-La, a Tiki destination I'm still dying to visit.

Those 7th and 8th dates just stuck in my mind. Today I found out I need to be in Chicago on the 9th for work. Yes !!...

Until I realized this event is in Sept and my meeting is in July.

Anyway it looks like a great event. This So Ca Tikiphile is super jealous.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2012-06-27 18:41 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 10:35 am   Permalink

I wish I could make it too. I stopped by last month when I was in Chicago for a family visit and wedding. This place is the real deal and would be my hangout if i was living back in the Chicago Land area. They have some of the best Witco Art I have ever seen and a very authentic feel.

Next time I am in Chicago this will be my base of operation.

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 4:03 pm   Permalink

Here's some lodging suggestions for anyone coming in from out of town...

The Carleton & Write Inn are both located in near by historic Oak Park
http://www.carletonhotel.com/ http://www.writeinn.com/

Holiday Inn Express in Hillside
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/hillside/chiha/hoteldetail

Admission for kids under 12 is only $10.00, and concidering the outdoor portion of Saturday starts at noon and runs til 10pm, that's a pretty good bang for your bux. Ya know ya can't find a sitter for that price, so bring the kids!

We stopped by the Chef yesterday and ticket sales are going good so far, they're a third of the way there on the weekend passes. At a low price of $40.00 for the whole weekend which includes 12 bands, special Polynesian Buffet Friday nite, and a commemorative event T-shirt, ya can't beat it! Fans I urge you make your plans and get your tickets now!!

Also if you're in town Thursday evening we'll be getting together at Hala Kahiki, more info later, so stay tuned...

See ya'll at the Chef!!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 06:45 am   Permalink

Couple of quick things...

There is also this place
http://www.colonymotelbrookfield.com/rates.html which is only a couple of miles away from the Chef. Looks pretty cool and has gotten fairly decent reviews here http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-385058-colony_motel-i

Poster & t-shirt art soon so stay tuned!!!!!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 5:29 pm   Permalink

Here's the event poster...

...artwork courtesy of Ragbag Comics!

Also, The Dyes have been added to Saturday's outdoor line up!

Weekend passes are still availabe for the low cost of $40.00, and that includes a special Polynesian Buffet on Friday night, plus an event t-shirt(artwork coming soon)! More surprises soon so stay tuned!

See ya'll at the Chef

Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-23 5:58 pm   Permalink

We'll be sellin' some sharp screen prints of the design above
pressed up by the one-and-only Steve Walters at Screwball Press
at the event, too... Hand numbered & signed!

Check out their some of their handiwork:
http://screwballpress.com/

Only printing 100, selling them for an affordable ten bucks.

Be there or be square!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 1:11 pm   Permalink

One of the 12 awesome bands that will be performing at the First Annual "Fong Music Fest" @ Chef Shangri-La 9/7 & 9/8! Enjoy!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xEblmGoeo

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 07:49 am   Permalink

Here's just one of the reasons to purchase the weekend pass for First Annual "Fong Music Fest" @ Chef Shangri-La 9/7 & 9/8. For a measely 5 bux more you get this fabulous band, a cool event t-shirt, a Polynesian style buffet on Friday night, plus three more great bands!! Stay tuned for more exciting news coming soon!!!! Meanwhile enjoy 13Tikis version of Link Wray's Steel Trap!

http://vimeo.com/18574650

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 1:52 pm   Permalink

The following is a public service announcement...

The cut off date to receive your FREE commemorative event t-shirt as part of the weekend VIP pass is August 24th. Weekend passes without t-shirt can still be purchased after that date (if still available).

Here's a peak at the black & white art work, actual shirts will be beige print on coco brown shirt...

...also band names will be printed on back side of shirt.

Be sure to stay tuned for more important updates coming soon!!!!!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 07:27 am   Permalink

Here's the complete line up for Fong Fest...

FRIDAY NIGHT-
Hillbilly Idle
13Tikis

SATURDAY OUTSIDE-
Alewife
Astronauts Space Age Combo
The Fuzzrites-Featuring Concussion members Dick Chicklet, Matt Mason, Claude Nine, & Pedro Delmar of Los Straitjackets
The Hot Rod Hucksters
The Dyes
Go!Tsunami
The Concussions
The Madeira
The Neanderthals

SATURDAY INSIDE-
Roger & the Wraybands
The Cocktail Preachers

Advanced Tickets Sales available now, you can reserve yours via CC by calling the Chef at 708-442-7080. Ask for Duane or Betty, and please have your credit card and t-shirt size available when calling! More exciting surprises and updates will available right here, or at
http://chefshangrila.com/ or, on FB!

ALSO...VERY IMPORTANT NEWS, THE START TIME FOR THE OUTDOOR PORTION OF THE SATURDAY'S SCHEDULE IS NOW 1:30 PM & THERE WILL NOW BE 9 BANDS!!

Stay tuned folks!

See Ya'll at the Chef!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 07:21 am   Permalink

Ok folks, here's the lowdown on vendors for Saturday at "Fong Fest"...

Leah Onomatopoeia-Alohawear, Hawaiian and vintage collectibles
Forward Back Vintage-Hawaiian items, tiki stuff and vintage collectibles
Momtiki & Dadtiki-Alohawear, Hawaiian and vintage collectibles
Lake Tiki-One of the premier Tiki carvers in the Midwest
Duke & Amy Carter- Tiki mugs, Alohawear, and other hawaiian collectibles
BambooLodge Vintage-Hawaiian items, Alohawear, and vintage collectibles

Vendors will be set up in the restaurant from Noon until 5pm!

There will also be a space for bands to sell merchandise after their set.

We still have a couple of spots left if anyone is interested, feel free to drop me a PM.

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 09:01 am   Permalink

Just a friendly reminder...

Quote:

On 2012-08-03 13:52, BambooLodge wrote:

The cut off date to receive your FREE commemorative event t-shirt as part of the weekend VIP pass is August 24th. Weekend passes without t-shirt can still be purchased after that date.

Here's a peak at the black & white art work, actual shirts will be beige print on coco brown shirt...

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 07:34 am   Permalink

The Chef has extended the cut off until Midnite Sunday 8/26! So there' still time to order that weekend pass and get in on the event t-shirt!
Quote:

On 2012-08-21 09:01, BambooLodge wrote:
Just a friendly reminder...

Quote:

On 2012-08-03 13:52, BambooLodge wrote:

The cut off date to receive your FREE commemorative event t-shirt as part of the weekend VIP pass is August 24th. Weekend passes without t-shirt can still be purchased after that date.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation