FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Tiki Dude Given Lifetime Membership Award at HB Surf Museum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Tiki Dude Given Lifetime Membership Award at HB Surf Museum
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 8:23 pm   Permalink

Jeff, well deserved, keep it up!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 9:06 pm   Permalink

Bad ass!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-25 9:48 pm   Permalink

Congrats Big Tiki Dude! You're the Surf Music Lovin'est guy I know! A well deserved honor for you!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus Hula Hips

Posted: 2012-06-25 10:33 pm   Permalink

I barely started following the Tiki scene and I even know who you are and how passionate you are toward all things surf music. We need more people like you in the world to help advocate this great style of music. I appreciate all your postings letting everyone know about whats going on and who is playing where and your sprinkled knowledge about these great bands. Thank you for all that you do. Surfs Up Dude!!!

View Profile of Hibiscus Hula Hips Send a personal message to Hibiscus Hula Hips      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 12:07 am   Permalink

Jeff,
Congratulations on the surf museum award. Im glad to see your efforts and enthusiasm recognized.

Im truly sorry to hear about your pal Marty and would like to extend my deepest condolences to you and his family.

The first time you and I spoke was at the Tiki Farm parking lot sale in 2008. I was wearing a surf rock tee shirt which sparked a conversation about surf bands. Marty was with you and came across as a very nice guy. He gave me advice that day I never forgot.

Turn up the reverb until your ears bleed!-Baja Marty

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 01:48 am   Permalink

Classic Marty Quote,;-)

thanks for all the posts everybody.
it's been a real rough day,
up and down roller coaster of emotions and stories with friends about Marty.

Jonpaul came down after work and we shared a few toasts of Rum, to Marty.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 07:38 am   Permalink

Congratulations Jeff.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 11:49 am   Permalink

Well deserved. Jeff truly is the keeper of the surf flame. If it was up to Jeff, Tiki Caliente would consist of only Surf.

Thanks for the passion of surf and helping to keep it relevant.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-26 11:49, Wildsville man wrote:
Well deserved. Jeff truly is the keeper of the surf flame. If it was up to Jeff, Tiki Caliente would consist of only Surf.

Thanks for the passion of surf and helping to keep it relevant.

Not just surf. Jeff helps to keep the idea of real hawaiian music around too. For years, the Smokin Menehunes had a "residency" at a local huntington beach restaurant, and there was only ever a handful of tiki centralites that came...but jeff was there. Each and every time. We don't forget that kind of thing.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:28 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Jeff. Let me know when the unveiling of the bronze bust happens. I'll fly out for the festivities!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 2:41 pm   Permalink

I really wish that we could have made it to the Surf Museum to see him get the award.
Jeff is so important in tiki and surf music. He works hard to get people to the shows and get attention to the bands that 'matter'.

I'm very proud to call Jeff my friend.

Really sorry about Marty, Jeff. He was a good dude. I remember having beers with him while watching The Eliminators at the fairgrounds. He'll be missed.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 3:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Guys,
Spike oh yeah that was good times.

BK,
the Bronze Bust will be unveiled at the SG101 convention,
the weekend before tiki oasis.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43235&forum=17&25

hope to see you at both events.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-06-26 4:54 pm   Permalink

Congrats BTD!!!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 9:08 pm   Permalink

Good on Ya' BTD!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 10:00 am   Permalink

Right on BtD! Congrats to ya man

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation