FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-07 8:38 pm   Permalink

Its just getting better and better . Looks awesome!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 10:49 am   Permalink

Built a new lamp yesterday. Love how it looks lit up!

Again, if you'd like to see more photos like this (and of tikis, hot rods, surf stuff, and more), follow us on Instagram @thehulagirls

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 4:07 pm   Permalink

Here are some new pics!

I carved this guy several years ago. He sits next to the volcano waterfall now.

The bar with some amazing Bosko art and some stool that I made/ carved. Oh, and our dog, Astro.

About three years ago, I planted a lime tree specifically for the purpose of use in maitais. With that tree starting to produce fruit now, we decided to get a mint plant. Actually AtomicTikiPunk and his wife gave this plant to us... The mint is quickly taking over the whole damned yard! Grows like crazy!! If only the lime tree would do the same!

Some trim that I carved for the walls. Very much in the style of Witco/ Bosko.

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-10-15 16:07 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

Looking great, Spike...is the waterfall flowing yet?
it looks like you need to have a party to use up that mint
before it tries to strangle you!

You guy's were rockin Saturday.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 4:20 pm   Permalink

Looking good, Spike! Make sure you hit Don's on 10/29!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-15 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

About three years ago, I planted a lime tree specifically for the purpose of use in maitais. With that tree starting to produce fruit now, we decided to get a mint plant. Actually AtomicTikiPunk and his wife gave this plant to us... The mint is quickly taking over the whole damned yard! Grows like crazy!! If only the lime tree would do the same!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-10-15 16:07 ]

The mint plant will start to take over. At the community garden I garden at they won't let us plant any kind of mint. Their roots are actually rhizomes so you could start to see mint popping up 10 feet away. Keep it contained in a pot and watch out because the rhizomes will sneak through the drain hole in the bottom. It's still a great plant to have.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-16 10:47 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info on the mint, Lori. I'll have to stop the free roaming bush before it gets out of control!

Yeah, ATP, the waterfall works great now. After silicone-ing and re-cementing it like three times, it's now watertight and runs great. Very soothing sound and that table next to it has now become my primary songwriting inspiration spot. Stoked!

Maybe I can start selling mint at the DtB International Marketplace??
That strangling thing was super funny. It DOES look pretty wild!

What happens at Dons on 10/29, Kahuna?

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-16 11:50 am   Permalink

Yes, mint will take over everything. I planted one little plant last year and this year I have had 2 mojito fests where I invite everyone over just to use some of the mint that I had to cut down cause they were blocking sunlight to my peppers. I like having a lot of mint, but I don't know what next year will hold.

Also, it lasts longer after you pick it if you do not wash it. You can also refridgerate it or freeze it for quite awhile.

As for your lime tree, My lime tree likes a lot of water and fertilizer. I fertilize it once a month and try to water it as close to everyday as I can. If you keep it up you will have more limes than you can use, but it will take a few years.

Hope that helps out a little.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-16 11:55 am   Permalink

Spike, Since Rick "Big Kahuna" is coming out from Boston to visit us all
Mon. Oct. 29th (TC Monday at Don's) it has been declared "Big Kahuna" Monday
in Ricks honor.....so if you can only make just one Monday at Don's
put Oct 29th on your calender.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-17 2:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the inspiration Spike.

I am really getting an itch to convert a room in my house to a Tiki room and I just don't know where to start.

Oh, yeah. The first step is to convince Mrs. Chippy. Then I have to figure out where to start.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 09:20 am   Permalink

Oh... gotcha ATP. Maybe we'll be able to come by.

Glad I can help to inspire, Chippy. Just trying to make our space as cool as possible. I love this section of TC too. Tons of inspiration!!

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 09:56 am   Permalink

Rum Barrels, last night, in The Breezeway!
First try at making them and with 13 ingredients, it took a LONG time... But they turned out super tasty!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 10:06 am   Permalink

....or maybe make a "Mint Hedge"...

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:45 am   Permalink

Picked up a new, vintage 1960's faux bamboo patio set for The Breezeway. Got it in Palm Springs, where the orchards of amazing 1940s-1960s stuff are lush and bountiful and ripe for the picking.
The set really changes the look of the space. Much better and more appropriate than our previous oversized tulip table.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 11:59 am   Permalink

Now, I will take credit for that set! aren't you glad you took my advice
looks perfect in The Breezeway Matt!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation