FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-11 11:37 am   Permalink

Yeah, I don't know if I really told the story about the filming...

Ben and I had always talked about doing The Breezeway of my house as a tiki bar but never just DID it. Then, he was approached by someone to film a pilot for a tikifying kinda home improvement show... Since he lives so close to me and we had always talked about it, he suggested finally doing The Breezeway.

With me doing all of the preliminary carving and trim work, he (with Dinah's assistance) hammered out the walls, ceiling treatment, bar, and waterfall all in one week. Ben is like a building tornado when you get him going! He worked super hard and made the place look amazing with his suggestions!

I've seen the finished show and it looks great! We aren't allowed to show it to the public yet though. Let's hope it gets picked up! It would really make a great TV program!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-11 12:51 pm   Permalink

That sounds really cool. Who do we contact to make it a reality? Obviously you guys have a huge constituency on here to flood any unsuspecting channel the show may be getting pitched to. And smart move having Dinah doing the assisting on camera...if that doesn't get it picked up - ha. Is there a name for the show or is that under wraps as well? In looking back through the posted pictures, the only thing missing is Ernie helping Ben as the safety inspector (ala his comic strips). Throw that in and you'll have all bases covered. Good luck on getting it accepted.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-11 1:15 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I'm not sure... You'll have to ask Ben those questions. He knows more about this stuff than I do.
I wish we could show everyone right now!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-19 5:25 pm   Permalink

Since the sale at The Bahooka was cancelled this weekend, and I was still in the neighborhood... I decided to swing by Oceanic Arts...
Picked up this string of floats for our window looking in to the kitchen.

Got a couple of masks and other stuff, but haven't had a chance to put them up yet.
Stay tuned...

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-20 1:56 pm   Permalink

Nice Spike. Bummer about the Bahooka cancelling that sale. But The Breezeway is looking good.

[ This Message was edited by: forgotten tikiman 2013-03-20 13:56 ]

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 1:55 pm   Permalink

Just put a new lamp up in The Breezeway.
Got this one at Tiki Caliente from our friends at Nelson's Tiki Hut.
Stoked to finally get one of their amazing lamps!

johnnyvelvet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-16 8:16 pm   Permalink

So let me get this straight: you've got a great talent, a killer bar, and a stunning girlfriend...May I learn from you, Master? Congratulations on a super build and tons of vibe.

[ This Message was edited by: johnnyvelvet 2013-06-18 06:23 ]

View Profile of johnnyvelvet Send a personal message to johnnyvelvet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 2:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Johnny.

So I ran a cross this lamp the other day at an Antique mall in Long Beach. They were asking $75 for it...

I had just bought this guy at another store for (probably) too much, so I wasn't in the mood to go spending that kind of money right away...

Later, I happened upon a nautical looking lense in one of the shops for relatively cheap. I already had this bouy thing hanging by the waterfall... I got to thinkin'... I can make my version of that lamp that I saw earlier.

Here's a very sleepy looking picture of me building the lamp:

Blue bulb and some holes drilled in the top to vent the heat and there you go.

It now hangs next to the second tiki that I ever carved...

The End

Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-25 2:59 pm   Permalink

Nice job on the lamp!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 3:24 pm   Permalink

Looking sharp matey!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 7:18 pm   Permalink

Good work, Spike!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 09:20 am   Permalink

Last night, I put some low wattage LED lighting in a long piece of plastic tubing, sealed the end with silicone and attached it to the inside of the water basin of the waterfall. Now I have this nice red lava glow radiating from it!

Thanks for the comments, friends!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 12:26 pm   Permalink

That's making me thirsty.......for a cold cocktail......at "The Breezeway"!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 12:31 pm   Permalink

Awesome space!! Your light is really nicely done and the red glow from the lava is excellent. Best breezeway I've ever seen!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 1:01 pm   Permalink

So cool!!! Nice light too!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation