FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Breezeway *New pin-up photoshoot pics 1/23/18* - Costa Mesa, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
The Breezeway *New pin-up photoshoot pics 1/23/18* - Costa Mesa, CA
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-30 9:05 pm   Permalink

Ah! So you're the architectural photographer who worked his magic on the Breezeway! Excellent work. I know enough about photography to understand skill in one discipline doesn't necessarily translate to another. Tiki bars are especially tricky--they need to be illuminated enough to bring out the detail, but not so brightly to destroy the mystery and mood. I'd say you hit the sweet spot!

Southern California probably has more impressive home tiki bars per capita than anyplace else on Earth. I expect you'll have no shortage of suggestions!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Islandnative

Posted: 2018-05-31 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-30 21:05, Prikli Pear wrote:
Ah! So you're the architectural photographer who worked his magic on the Breezeway! Excellent work. I know enough about photography to understand skill in one discipline doesn't necessarily translate to another. Tiki bars are especially tricky--they need to be illuminated enough to bring out the detail, but not so brightly to destroy the mystery and mood. I'd say you hit the sweet spot!

Southern California probably has more impressive home tiki bars per capita than anyplace else on Earth. I expect you'll have no shortage of suggestions!

Thanks for the kind words. I've seen some amazing builds on T.C. I'd like to apply my skill set and try to do them justice.

View Profile of Islandnative Send a personal message to Islandnative  Email Islandnative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Islandnative

Posted: 2018-06-07 1:10 pm   Permalink

More from The Breezeway. To see it big, go here : https://goo.gl/ChsHVS

[ This Message was edited by: Islandnative 2018-06-07 18:04 ]

View Profile of Islandnative Send a personal message to Islandnative  Email Islandnative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-08 4:35 pm   Permalink

WOW! Amazing job, Martin!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-08 9:49 pm   Permalink

The lighting is perfect in every way!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-09 06:29 am   Permalink

Awesome!!!

View Profile of Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II Send a personal message to Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-10 11:08 pm   Permalink

Wow, great bar and great photography. Yes, Martin you need to photograph all the great home and commercial tiki establishments found in the website. It would be a fantastic book. I'd buy it and a few thousand others will also buy it and eat it up. Keep it up both of you.

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2018-07-10 23:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2018-07-10 23:11 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-09 09:50 am   Permalink

I recently acquired this tall guy...

and with dwindling space in The Breezeway, it was time to do some re-construction...

This architectual detail to the left of Tara has always been a pain... Its always dirty and I never glued the bamboo in, so the pieces are always trying to migrate out of position somehow...

...also, it was derivative from a wall at Ventiki...
So I got to building...

I got the little half wall thing from the closing sale at Don the Beachcomber...

I think it came out nicely. I've removed one of the last elements that was left over from the 'tiki modern' aesthetic that The Breezeway originally had... the goal (for the last few years) has been to create a tiki bar that is solely comprised of vintage and authentic art and artifacts found in a '40s/'50s/ early '60s tiki bar. There are VERY FEW items in The Breezeway that are not vintage or authentic.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-08-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Awesome find! I liked the look of the cut bamboo but this is a fine improvement.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-08-10 06:46 am   Permalink

I'm with Mike. That new addition looks stellar! But I also thought the cut bamboo curtain looked really neat. So much that I think I'll shelve that idea in the back of my head for a future project.

Cheers,

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-10 08:22 am   Permalink

I like the vintage look as well. It relates more to the escapism that a tiki bar is supposed to create.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-21 11:07 am   Permalink

How much for the removed bamboo pieces?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-23 11:06 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone, I totally agree.
And all of the bamboo is already gone away to a friend.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-13 06:20 am   Permalink

I'm about due for a Sidewinder's Fang!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-08 4:42 pm   Permalink

A few new pinup photos from Viva Van Story...

and Angela Morales...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation