FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA (NEW bts PIN-UP photoshoot photos 6/24/14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA (NEW bts PIN-UP photoshoot photos 6/24/14)
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 12:28 pm   Permalink

So Dinah is doing all the work?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-25 12:28, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So Dinah is doing all the work?

Mmmm... yeah, could we see more pictures of Dinah?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 2:06 pm   Permalink

Yup. I'm making her do ALL of the work.

No, it's mostly her and Ben. I'm dropping in and helping out when I have time to get away from work. I've been working till about midnight, when I get home too. I also spent the last couple of months carving all of the trim and tikis and stuff so my stuff is easy for assembly.

Ben has been amazing at making it all happen. Especially in knowing where to create layers and points of interest and details like that. His suggestions and layout have been beyond what we could have done ourselves. We'll be putting a bunch of Bamboo Ben hanging lamps in The Breezeway as well!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 2:24 pm   Permalink

Updates to the waterfall. Dinah has done most of the concrete work herself (with Ben's instruction and direction).

The first of the bamboo matting goes up!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 3:00 pm   Permalink

Starting to look like something...

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-25 8:25 pm   Permalink

When this is finished, you are going to have one of the most killer houses around! The inside was already perfect mid-century modern....most excellent, Mr. Spike!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 07:56 am   Permalink

Day 4.

Got to bust a move today!!!!

No more fun and games.

Got to get to "Building Paradise!"

of course "with...Bamboo Ben"

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 08:57 am   Permalink

Great pics! You all have obviously been working very hard to make this build happen.
I love the trim and redwood carvings you've been preparing. Nice job!

Go Ben, GO!!!

@MDM... You, Sir, are cracking me up!!

Cheers and much Aloha.

[ This Message was edited by: Q-tiki 2012-07-26 09:28 ]

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:12 am   Permalink

Thanks, Q-Tiki!

The wood sealing tent.... All wood if being coated with a clear varnish. Lots and lots of painting going on.

The bar has been framed up too

Staging some of the carved panels.

Dinah, painting the inside of the bar

Late night, last effort...

Thanks again for the encouraging comments, folks!

And let me tell you, Ben has been AMAZING. He is an absoluely non-stop tiki-ing machine. They had to beg him to take a lunch break yesterday. He worked till way past dark yesterday too...

I worked well into midnight finishing up trim and carving, last night. It's a total marathon that HAS to be completed by tomorrow afternoon (of course we'll be adding and changing things as time goes on though).

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-07-26 11:13 ]

Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:23 am   Permalink

VERY Cool!

I just figured out why you cant play music...

The camera and wireless mic gave it away. It's not those folks from Common Machine Productions harassing you, is it?

Cheers!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:38 am   Permalink

We're enjoying the progress Spike, keep it up. Almost like instant gratification.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

I see some classic orange paint in the lounge, I can dig it!
Kickin ass over on your side of town guys & gal!!!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 1:26 pm   Permalink

Yeah, just wanted to give you a hint about what's going on with the camera there... They're filming a pilot for a TV show... And the build NEEDS to be done BY TOMORROW!! Ahhh!!!

Yeah, Lance, you know us very well... We're bringing our late '50s/ early '60s aesthetic out to The Breezeway and mixing it with tiki. Sven's Tiki Modern was a big influence as well.

This will be the end of the photos until probably after it's all done. I'll post progess pics after this weekend though. We are SUPER excited though! Ben is doing an AMAZING job!!

Okay.... one last one. I carved this guy about 7-ish years ago out of a pier piling. He's been kinda neglected and ignored in our garden since then. A little torching and he's going to be one of the main tikis featured in The Breezeway! Stoked!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 2:56 pm   Permalink

Fire Good!

Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-26 3:34 pm   Permalink

Where do you get the wire-mesh? And what is being used to make the lava formation - concrete?

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation